Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (404355)
Bae Duk Soo
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
About the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Samsung Medical Center Seoul
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The medical team of the department makes every effort to provide patients with effective treatment of both benign and malignant diseases of the female genital organs. The department also specializes in providing high-quality obstetric services. There is a unique experience in managing high-risk pregnancies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Bae Duk Soo.
The department annually performs 3,600 surgical interventions (1,830 operations to treat benign gynecological diseases and 1,770 operations to treat female genital cancer). The big advantage of the department is that more than 50% of interventions to treat gynecological cancer are performed with the help of laparoscopic techniques. In addition, the department performs many minimally invasive and robot-assisted interventions to treat benign and malignant diseases in women.
The department operates the Research Center for Molecular Targeted Therapy that conducts clinical trials to test various new domestic and foreign medicines, such as bevacizumab, sorafenib, pazopanib, morab and AMG386 used for the treatment of ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer. Certainly, the patients of the department have the opportunity to take part in these trials.
In the field of obstetrics, there is offered the full range of diagnostic services at all stages of pregnancy, safe delivery and quality postpartum care. The obstetricians have a huge clinical experience and all the necessary knowledge to cope with urgent conditions, for example, early delivery, bleeding, other complications. Particular attention is paid to women with high-risk pregnancies. In addition, the department is equipped with a special intensive care unit to identify and eliminate health problems in the baby immediately after birth.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign gynecological diseases
- Uterine fibroid
- Uterine adenoma
- Benign ovarian neoplasms
- Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
- Uterine prolapse
- Other diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant gynecological diseases
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Uterine sarcoma
- Other diseases
- Obstetric services (diagnostic tests at all stages of pregnancy, delivery, postpartum care)
- Managing of high-risk pregnancy
- Emergency care in case of complications during childbirth
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Bae Duk Soo
- Study of Medicine at the
- Seoul National University.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center, Durham, NC, USA.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Active Member of IGCS.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Korean Society of Gynecologic Oncology and Colposcopy.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Korean Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Vice Chairman of the Korean Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopy.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.