Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Nephrology (404359)
Oh Ha Young
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in this field. The department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of various inflammatory, infectious and metabolic diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract. The medical team of the department, which has a long clinical experience and profound professional knowledge, provides an accurate diagnosis and an effective treatment of these diseases, as well as constantly introduces new therapies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.
Oh Ha Young.
Renal replacement therapy is provided in the modern Dialysis Unit. The intensive care unit actively conducts continuous renal replacement therapy in patients with terminal stages of kidney failure. In addition, the department operates the Kidney Transplant Center that meets the highest international standards. The specialists from the Departments of Nephrology, Transplant Surgery, Therapy and Laboratory Medicine work for the benefit of patients here.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute kidney failure, chronic kidney diseases and electrolyte imbalance
- Diagnosis and treatment of diabetic nephropathy
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertensive nephropathy
- Diagnosis and treatment of polycystic kidney disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of glomerular diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus
- Diagnosis and treatment of tubular insufficiency
- Diagnosis and treatment of renovascular diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of infections of the genitourinary system
- Detection and treatment of systemic complications of chronic kidney diseases
- Kidney transplantation (from live and deceased donors)
- Donor exchange program
- Care of patients and donors before and after transplantation
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Other medical services
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellowship at the Medical School of the University of Southern California, Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Nephrology, USA.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- University of Southern California, USA.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Kidney transplantation.
- Diabetic nephropathy.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- American Society of Nephrology.
- International Society of Nephrology.
- Korean Society of Nephrology.
- Korean Society of Internal Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Nephrology.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.