Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Neurology (404360)
Shon Young Min
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in this medical field. The department deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. Much attention is paid to research activities, which aim to develop improved treatments for neurological diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Shon Young Min.
It should be noted that the department has excellent technical equipment, for example, CT, MRI, MRA of the latest generation, 5 modern video EEG monitoring systems, 6 well-equipped rooms for polysomnography and many other devices.
Of particular interest is the treatment of stroke, which is provided around the clock. In this field, the department employs specially trained doctors and nurses who provide patients with the most prompt and effective treatment.
The department offers diagnosis and treatment of the following neurological diseases:
- Sleep disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders
- Other sleep disorders
- Cognitive and behavioral disorders
- Different types of dementia
- Memory impairments
- Speech disorders
- Alzheimer's disease
- Other disorders
- Motor disorders (for example, Parkinson's disease)
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Other diseases
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellowship at the Samsung Medical Center, Section of Epilepsy and Sleep Disorders.
- Residency at the Samsung Medical Center.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Department of Neuroengineering Lab, Neurosurgery, Mayo Clinic Rochester, USA.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Deep brain stimulation for epilepsy treatment.
- Noninvasive neuromodulation for controlling epilepsy.
- Presurgical evaluation for epilepsy surgery.
- Sleep disorders (narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, obstructive sleep apnea).
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Member of the Korean Neurological Association.
- Member of the Academic Board of the Korean Epilepsy Society.
- Member of the Korean Society for Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Member of the Korea Neurocritical Care Society.
- Member of the Korean Society of Sleep Medicine.
- Member of the Korean Society of Human Brain Mapping.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Neurology.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.