Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Nuclear Medicine (404362)
Lee Kyung Han
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in this field. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Lee Kyung Han.
The main task of the department’s medical team, consisting of 6 professors, 10 doctors and 60 employees, is to diagnose and treat various diseases with the help of radioactive isotopes. In addition, the department provides an accurate early diagnosis of many cancers, neurological, endocrine diseases, heart and kidney pathologies.
In 1994, the first PET Diagnostic Center in Korea was opened at the department, which has played a major role in the field of nuclear imaging at the national level since that time.
Also, the acknowledgment of the outstanding quality of medical services is the quality certificate ISO 15189, which was assigned to the department in 2014 by the Korean Accreditation Commission (KOLAS) for the first time in the country.
To date, the department is equipped with four PET-CT scanners, seven SPECT gamma cameras, including the SPECT-CT scanner, two cyclotrons, six gamma-ray detectors and two automatic dosers. All the devices are state-of-the-art and meet the most stringent requirements of international medicine.
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellowship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Nuclear oncology.
- Nuclear neurology.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Member of the Korean Medical Association.
- Member of the Korean Association of Internal Medicine.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Korean Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- Member of the Korean Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Member of the Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- Member of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine.
- Board of Trustee, Korean Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- Board of Trustee, Korean Society of Molecular Imaging.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.