Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (404363)
Kang Se Woong
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at Samsung Medical Center Seoul
As the largest ophthalmological facility in Korea, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in this field. It annually treats over 110,000 outpatients and performs about 6,000 interventions to treat eye diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Kang Se Woong.
The main clinical focuses include the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the retina, anterior eye segment, glaucoma, cataract, strabismus, oculoplastic surgery, pediatric ophthalmology and neuro-ophthalmology.
The service range of the department includes:
- Retinal and vitreous diseases
- Macular diseases
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy
- Central serous chorioretinopathy
- Myopic macular degeneration
- Other diseases
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Diseases of anterior eye segment
- Corneal transplantation (penetrating keratoplasty, lamellar keratoplasty, for example, DALK and DSEK)
- Correction of astigmatism
- Correction of presbyopia
- Correction of myopia
- Normal tension glaucoma
- Primary open-angle glaucoma
- Chronic angle-closure glaucoma
- Congenital glaucoma
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Orbital diseases
- Eyelid diseases
- Diseases of the lacrimal apparatus
- Other pathologies
- Correction of strabismus (also in children)
- Neuro-ophthalmic diseases
- Optic neuritis
- Ischemic optic neuropathy
- Hereditary optic neuropathy
- Swollen optic nerve
- Other diseases
- Ophthalmic diseases in children
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Kang Se Woong
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellowship at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Florida, USA.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Retinal and vitreous disorders.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Editorial Committee of the Journal of the Korean Ophthalmological Society.
- Editorial Committee of the Korean Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Secretary General of the Korean Ophthalmological Society.
- Secretary General of the Korean Retinal Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.