Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (404366)
Koo Hong Hoe
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine
About the department
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in this field. The department uses the latest diagnostic and therapeutic methods to provide first-class medical care for young patients. The goal of the department is "Making a world of healthy children", so the medical team is not only engaged in clinical practice, but also conducts active research activities. The department is headed by Dr. med. Koo Hong Hoe.
The Section for the Treatment and Care of Newborns received a certificate from UNICEF (1997), according to which the department was recognized as a Baby Friendly Hospital. Also, the department runs an advanced intensive care unit equipped with the state-of-the-art monitoring systems, heart-lung machines, etc.
The department has a school, thanks to which young patients have the opportunity to continue the educational process during the treatment. In addition, the goal of the school is to teach social skills, interact with other children.
It should be noted that the department regularly organizes events that can yield benefit for those children who need help, for example, charity bazaars, to help children with incurable diseases (breathing disorders, oncological diseases).
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver
- Chronic inflammatory bowel diseases (for example, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease)
- Celiac disease
- Liver pathologies (for example, jaundice, viral hepatitis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of lung diseases, allergic reactions, asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system
- Congenital heart defects
- Arrhythmias and heart rate abnormalities (tachy- and bradycardia)
- Myocarditis of the infectious and allergic origin
- Heart lesions due to rheumatic pathology
- Diagnostics and treatment of endocrine disorders
- Growth retardation
- Premature puberty and its delay
- Calcium metabolism disorders and rickets
- Thyroid diseases
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases (for example, chronic bone and joint infections)
- Diagnostics and symptomatic treatment of hereditary diseases (genetic syndromes)
- Medical care for emergency clinical conditions
- Other medical service
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellowship at the Seoul National University Children's Hospital.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Children's Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Children's Hospital.
- Visiting Associate Professor, UCLA, Umbilical Cord Blood Bank, Los Angeles,USA.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Pediatric hematology and oncology.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Member of the Korean Society of Pediatrics.
- President of the Korean Society of Hematology.
- Vice Chair of the Korean Society of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation.
- Council Member of the Korean Society of Blood Transfusion.
- Council Member of the Korean Society of Pediatric Neuro-oncology.
- Vice Chair of the Korean Society of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
- Head of the Korea Marrow Donor Program.
- Member of the Korean Cancer Association.
- Member of the American Society of Hematology.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Member of the American Academy of Cancer Research.
- International Editorial Board, International Journal of Hematology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.