Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery (404367)
Bang Sa Ik
Specialized in: adult and pediatric plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in this medical field. The department annually treats 1,000 inpatients and about 18,000 outpatients. It performs over 3,700 surgical interventions every year. The world-renowned surgeons provide patients with a comprehensive, first-class medical care, due to which the department has gained an excellent reputation not only in Korea, but also far beyond its borders. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Bang Sa Ik.
The department performs a large number of modern reconstructive (for example, correction of cleft lip and palate, ear deformities, limbs) and aesthetic (for example, nose reshaping surgery, breast augmentation) interventions. Of particular interest to the specialists of the department is breast reconstruction with the help of transplants or autologous tissue.
Great attention is also paid to pediatric plastic surgery – correction of congenital malformations or acquired defects in children, especially correction of ear and facial defects. Such opportunities in the field of pediatric plastic surgery make it possible to improve the quality of life of children, save them from complexes.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Breast reconstruction
- Mammaplasty (breast augmentation or reduction)
- Correction of microtia
- Craniofacial surgery
- Treatment of facial nerve paralysis
- Treatment of malignant melanoma
- Reconstruction of lower extremities
- Correction of vascular malformations
- Laser treatment methods
- Pediatric plastic surgery (especially correction of ear and facial defects)
- Other services
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellowship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Exchange Program, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Clinical and Research Interests
- Breast reconstruction.
- Aesthetic surgery.
- Anti-aging procedures.
- Research of adipocyte derived stem cell.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Korean Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Korean Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Corresponding Member of the America Society of Plastic Surgery.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.