Specialized Pulmonary Clinic Asklepios Munich-Gauting
Department of Radiology (588480)
Specialized in: radiology
About the department
The Department of Radiology at the Specialized Pulmonary Clinic Asklepios Munich-Gauting offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using the most modern imaging techniques and advanced technical devices. All imaging procedures are carried out in strict accordance with the requirements of professional medical societies. The department's specialists carry out accurate diagnostics of pulmonary diseases, which guarantees the selection of the optimal treatment regimen and achievement of the favorable treatment outcome. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Julien Dinkel.
The spectrum of general radiological diagnostics covers not only examinations aimed at the identification of lung pathologies, mediastinal organs, pleura, etc., but also diagnostic procedures for the diagnostics of concomitant diseases, which plays a key role in the treatment success. Also, the department provides highly specialized examinations. All imaging devices are connected to the modern picture archiving and communication system. This system allows the doctors to provide access to examination results from all departments of the clinic.
The service range of the department includes:
- General imaging diagnostics
- Routine examinations of the head, neck, thorax and abdomen
- PET CT
- Special diagnostics and monitoring of lung disease course
- High resolution CT for the diagnostics of interstitial lung diseases
- Biopsy and CT-guided tumor removal
- Vascular imaging (CT angiography) of the head, neck, thorax and abdomen
- Multilayer CT for the diagnostics of tumors
- Dynamic CT of the airways for the diagnostics of lung atelectasis
- CT- and ultrasound-guided puncture in unclear pathological foci in the lungs, adrenal glands, liver and other organs
- CT- and ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Preoperative marking of pathological foci
- CT- and ultrasound-guided installation of drainage
- Other medical services
- 09.1997 - 09.2003 Medical School, Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France.
- 09.1999 - 07.2003 Master, Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France.
- 01.2010 Doctoral thesis defense with honours, University of Heidelberg, Germany. Subject: "Four-dimensional multislice helical CT of the lung: qualitative comparison and reproducibility of small volumes in an ex vivo model".
- Since 10.2011 Research habilitation program, Medical School, University of Heidelberg, Germany.
- Since 10.2014 Full Professor in Thoracic Imaging, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 01.2004 - 06.2005 Residency, Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 01.07.2005 Admission to medical practice, Stuttgart, Germany.
- 07.2005 - 08.2006 Residency, Department of Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 09.2006 - 07.2011 Residency, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg.
- 08.2011 Board certification in Radiology, Germany.
- 08 - 10.2011 Radiologist, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg.
- 11.2011 - 02.2013 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
- 03.2013 - 09.2013 Radiologist, Department of Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 10.2013 - 09.2014 Attending Radiologist, Department of Radiology (Thoracic Surgery), University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Since 10.2014 Full Professor in Thoracic Imaging, Attending Radiologist, Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2007 Poster Award, German Society of Radiation Oncology.
- 2008 Poster Award of the Alumni Association of the German Cancer Research Center.
- 2009 Poster Award, Journées françaises de radiologie.
- 2010 Research Award, Experimental Radiology.
- Thorax imaging.
- Oncologic imaging.
- CT and MR imaging protocols. Ultra fast imaging.
- Functional imaging: DTI, DWI, PWI; motion assessment, DECT.
- Phase contrast imaging.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Asklepios Fachkliniken München-Gauting
Department of Radiology.
Specialized Pulmonary Clinic Asklepios Munich-Gauting:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.