Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (302980)
Specialized in: obstetrics, gynecology
About the department
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system. The field of competence of the department's obstetricians includes integrated management of pregnancy, safe childbirth and postpartum care. The department's specialists offer a multidisciplinary treatment approach, and if surgical treatment is necessary, they prefer sparing minimally invasive interventions. To perform surgical interventions, the department has three ultramodern operating rooms, one of which is designed for outpatient surgery. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Ishai Levin.
The department has the most advanced equipment, for example, high-tech devices for ultrasound examinations, including 3D ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), etc. This equipment provides the accurate diagnostics and top-class treatment.
The highly specialized surgeons of the department perform a wide range of surgical interventions. The most common among them are hysterectomy, removal of benign and malignant tumors of the uterus and ovaries. The specialists from other medical fields, such as general surgery and urology, are always ready to provide medical assistance, if it is necessary during specific gynecological operations. The department's surgeons also have extensive experience in laparoscopic interventions.
In the field of obstetrics, the department offers comprehensive pregnancy management, including treatment of congenital abnormalities of the fetus in the womb and genetic testing. Childbirth takes place in comfortable maternity rooms, which are equipped with everything necessary for successful birth. Postpartum care for mother and baby is also part of the department's competence.
The doctors and nurses make every effort to meet the needs and wishes of each patient, that is why the department has earned a good reputation in the national and international arena.
The department's key clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of uterine and cervical diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of ovarian diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases of the female reproductive organs
- Diagnostics and treatment of urogynecological problems (urinary incontinence, pelvic prolapse)
- Gynecological laparoscopic surgery
- Hysteroscopy (for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes)
- Counseling and symptomatic treatment during menopause
- Integrated management of pregnancy
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital abnormalities of the fetus in the womb
- Childbirth (natural birth and C-section)
- Postnatal care of mothers and newborn
- Other medical services
- 2015 - 2016 Master of Business Administration.
- 2006 - 2007 Training in Laparoscopic Surgery, Bichat-Claude Bernard Hospital.
- 2000-2006 Training in Gynecology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 1994 - 1999 Doctoral Degree, Sackler Faculty of Medicine at Tel Aviv University.
- 1988 - 1992 Faculty of Pharmacy, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Since 2015 Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- Since 2014 Clinical Assistant Professor, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- 2010 - 2017 Head of the Gynecological Outpatient Clinic at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.