Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (302982)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center provides the highly accurate diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and sinuses, throat, mouth, head and neck. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Dan Fliss.
The department uses advanced techniques and state-of-the-art equipment, which guarantee optimal treatment results. Of particular interest to the department's team of doctors are comprehensive surgical interventions for removal of benign and malignant tumors in the skull base, head, neck and trachea, including reconstructive surgery.
The department offers various types of operations for the treatment of hearing loss, including endoscopic operations in the nasal cavity, nasal canals and upper pharynx, operations for the treatment of vocal cords, snoring correction, etc. In addition, the doctors cooperate closely with the experts in the field of neurosurgery and plastic surgery in order to carry out interdisciplinary surgical interventions.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Placement of Baha bone-anchored hearing aid
- Cochlear implantation
- Digital examination of the vocal cords
- Injection treatment for dizziness
- Endoscopic surgery of the ear, nose and throat
- Endoscopic surgery to remove pituitary tumors
- Endoscopic surgery on the nose and paranasal sinuses (using navigation system)
- Endoscopic surgery for speech restoration (under local anesthesia)
- Endoscopic salivary gland surgery
- Endoscopic surgery to remove tumors of the anterior part of the skull base
- Endoscopic surgery to treat Zenker's diverticulum
- Functional and aesthetic nasal surgery
- Surgery to remove tumors and reconstruction of the anterior and lateral part of the skull base
- Myringotomy with the installation of tympanic ventilation tube
- Non-surgical treatment of salivary gland stones and other salivary gland disorders
- Parathyroid surgery, including hormone monitoring
- Cervical dissection, including paratracheal and selective cervical dissection
- Radio wave therapy for snoring and sleep disorders
- Removal of tumors of the upper jaw (maxillectomy)
- Surgery for hearing restoration using synthetic implants
- Surgery for the restoration of laryngeal and tracheal function
- Surgery to resect and restore facial bones and soft tissues of the face and neck using implants
- Operations for speech restoration (prosthetics)
- Thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Treatment for vocal cord paralysis and weakness
- Tympanoplasty (tympanic membrane reconstruction)
- Other therapeutic options
- Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- Microvascular Head and Neck Surgery and Reconstruction, Sunnybrook Health Science Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- Skull Base Surgery, Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- 1996 Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
- 2005 Full Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Scientific Staff Member, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, and University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- Teaching and Visiting Professor in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia and the recipient of the prestigious Eugene Myers International Lecture on Head and Neck Cancer (2008) at the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Invited Guest Lecturer in Australia, Albania, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, China, Chile, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hong-Kong, Holland, India, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Serbia, Switzerland, Spain, Singapore, Turkey, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam.
Memberships in Professional Publications
- Israel Medical Association.
- Israel Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Israeli Society of Head and Neck Surgery, Oncology.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Canadian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- American Society of Head and Neck Surgery.
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology.
- North American Skull Base Society.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.