Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology (302987)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedic oncology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center offers all therapeutic options for the treatment of patients with malignant tumors and pseudotumors of the bones and soft tissues of the limbs, pelvis, spine, thorax and anterior abdominal wall, and, in some cases, of the head and neck. The specialization also covers medical care for metastatic bone lesions and orthopedic complications of cancer in children. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Yehuda Kolander.
The ultimate goal of the department is to prevent the need for amputation and preserve limbs. To achieve this goal, the medical personnel use artificial implants and bone transplantation, as well as combinations of these two methods. In general, the department's specialists demonstrate high success rates and retain limb in 95% of cases.
The Israeli Ministry of Health assigned the department the status of a specialized medical facility. The team of the department's doctors is multidisciplinary and offers the comprehensive approach to treatment, postoperative monitoring and recovery.
The department's orthopedic oncologists specialize in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Malignant tumors
- Metastatic lesions
- Pseudotumors that require a surgical intervention
- Other diseases
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Cryosurgery for the treatment of bone tumors
- Implantation of a non-invasive expanding prosthesis (for uniform bone growth in children)
- Free flap plastic surgery, free tissue transplantation for the reconstruction in complex diseases affecting soft tissues
- Other medical services
- Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Orthopedics, Soroka Medical Center and the Faculty of Health Services, Ben Gurion University, Beer-Sheva , Israel.
- 1986 Student in the Basic Course, Davos, Switzerland.
- 1988 Student in the Advanced International Course, Davos, Switzerland.
- 1992 Student in the Foot and Ankle Surgery Course, Zichron Yaacov, Israel.
- 1993 - 1995 Clinical Surgical Fellow, Combined Orthopedic Oncology Fellowship Program, Children's Hospital National Medical Center, Washington Hospital Center, George Washington University, Washington, USA.
- 1995 Student in the "Midas-Rex" Course for Special Surgical Equipment, New-York, USA.
- 1995 Student in the A.F.I.P Pathology Course, Washington, USA.
- 1992 - 1993 Head of the Section for Foot and Ankle Surgery, Department of Orthopedics, Soroka Medical Center, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
- 1996 - 2013 Deputy Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 2009 - 2013 Head of the Section of Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 2013 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- Since October 2013 Associate Professor in Orthopedic Surgery, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- 2006 - 2013 Senior Lecturer in Orthopedic Surgery, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- 2001 - 2006 Lecturer in Orthopedic Surgery, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- 1992 - 1996 Appointed Lecturer in Orthopedic Surgery in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Soroka Medical Center, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
- 1992 - 1993 Lecturer in Orthopedic Surgery at the Rechanaty School for Health Sciences (Nursing School), Ben-Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
- 1985 - 1991 Lecturer in Orthopedic Surgery in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Soroka Medical Center, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
Prizes and Achievements
- 1993 Award from the Rechanaty School of Health Sciences for Excellence as a Lecturer in Orthopedics.
- 1988 Grant from the Israel Orthopedic Association for participating in the International Advanced Course in Davos, Switzerland (for excellence in the Israeli Orthopedic Board Examination).
- 1985 Award from the President of Israel (Mr. Haim Hertzog) for voluntary health activities in Netivot during a service as a Primary Care Physician, Jerusalem, Israel.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home