University Hospital Giessen UKGM
Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology (113957)
Specialized in: pediatrics, neonatology
About the department
The Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology at the University Hospital Giessen UKGM offers the full range of medical services for the treatment of general pediatric diseases, care for premature babies and newborns. Children receive competent treatment, which meets national and international standards. At the same time, due attention is paid to a friendly and pleasant atmosphere, in which patients and their parents feel as comfortable as possible. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Klaus-Peter Zimmer.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, including eating disorders
- Chronic inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Malabsorption syndromes (celiac disease, carbohydrate digestion disorder, food allergy)
- Diseases of the upper digestive tract (gastroesophageal reflux disease, achalasia cardia)
- Diseases of the liver and biliary tract (Wilson's disease, hepatitis, pancreatitis)
- Eating disorders (short bowel syndrome)
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney, urinary tract diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the blood vessels and skeletal bones (for example, in rheumatism, growth disorders)
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital metabolic disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of obesity
- Diagnostics and treatment of diabetes mellitus
- Teaching children with diabetes mellitus a new lifestyle
- Classical and intensive insulin therapy in diabetes mellitus
- Therapy using insulin pumps
- Diagnostics and treatment of complications of diabetes mellitus
- Diagnostics and treatment of hypoglycemia
- Treatment of diabetes mellitus in thalassemia, cystic fibrosis and other diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of endocrine diseases
- Pituitary diseases
- Thyroid diseases
- Adrenal diseases
- Stunted growth
- Puberty disorders
- Secondary arterial hypertension
- Metabolic bone disorders
- Water and electrolyte imbalance
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases, complex autoimmune diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of injuries and burns, including steam burns
- Diagnostics and treatment of respiratory diseases, lung pathologies (for example, bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis, allergies)
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatic diseases
- Medical care for premature babies and newborns (in collaboration with the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology.
University Hospital Giessen UKGM:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home