University Hospital Giessen UKGM
Department of Neurology (113969)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The goal of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Giessen under the direction of Prof. Dr. Manfred Kaps is to provide top-class treatment to both outpatients and inpatients with neurological conditions. The priority focus of the Department is placed on neuromuscular diseases, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, movement disorders and Parkinson's disease.
The main focus of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Giessen is placed on the diagnosis and treatment of cerebrovascular diseases. In addition to the Stroke Unit, preventive outpatient clinic and neuromuscular ultrasound, the Department also provides all kinds of therapies and diagnosis. Apart from acute thrombolysis in stenosis and blockages of the main arteries, there are also performed vascular interventions.
The range of medical services of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Giessen includes both diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system
- Neuroimmunological diseases
- Malignant diseases of the brain
- Extrapyramidal diseases and movement disorders
- Degenerative diseases of the nervous system
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system
- Diseases of the nerves, nerve roots and nerve plexus
- Polyneuropathy and other disorders of the peripheral nervous system
- Diseases of the neuromuscular synapses and muscles
- Neurological emergency and intensive care medicine
- Stroke Unit
Department of Neurology.
University Hospital Giessen UKGM:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home