University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology (79)
Specialized in: orthopedics, traumatology
About the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at University Hospital Marburg UKGM
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM ranks among the top German medical facilities specializing in the treatment of injuries of any severity!
The department offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. The department has been certified by the German Society of Traumatology as a supra-regional Trauma Center. In addition, the medical institution is a certified Center for Gerontological Traumatology, the Center for Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Susanne Fuchs-Winkelmann.
The department has successful experience in the field of knee and hip joint replacement surgery. With appropriate indications, the doctors initially try to help the patient using conservative techniques (drug therapy, assistive orthopedic devices). The department specializes in primary and revision joint prosthetics interventions. In clinical practice, the doctors use only high-quality prostheses of world-famous manufacturers, which are distinguished by long-term service.
Another department’s priority is spinal surgery. The orthopedists of the department treat traumatic and osteoporotic spinal fractures, perform minimally invasive stabilizing interventions on the spine and conduct pain therapy for back pain. The specialists have special competence in the treatment of spinal tumors and spinal stenosis.
The therapeutic range of services of the department includes:
- Joint knee replacement surgery
- Conservative therapy for hip and knee arthrosis
- Knee and hip arthroscopy
- Primary hip replacement
- Primary knee replacement
- Revision Interventions
- Treatment of allergic reactions to implants
- Second opinion in complex cases
- Hand surgery
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trigger fingers
- De Quervain syndrome
- Finger joint cysts
- Hand tumors (enchondromas, sarcomas, lipomas)
- Rheumatic hand diseases (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Posttraumatic joint deformities and degeneration
- Hand and finger joint replacement surgery
- Congenital deformities of the hand and fingers
- Ligament tears on the thumb of the hand (skier's thumb)
- Tendon injuries (injuries of the flexor and extensor tendons)
- Hand fractures
- Nerve damage (including nerve transplantation)
- Plastic surgery for hand defects and reconstructive surgery
- Avascular necrosis of the lunate bone
- Scapholunate ligament injury
- Arthroscopic surgery and sports traumatology
- Cruciate ligament replacement
- Meniscus injuries
- Cartilage injuries
- Knee ligament reconstruction
- Patellar dislocation
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder instability
- Shoulder injuries
- Impingement syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Joint replacement surgery for shoulder osteoarthritis
- Foot surgery
- Hallux valgus
- Hallux rigidus
- Hammer fingers
- Flat feet
- Tendon dislocation sand ruptures
- Sparing minimally invasive treatment of injuries, for example, fractures
- Treatment of injuries in elderly patients
- Treatment for high severity injuries
- Pelvic surgery
- Spinal surgery
- Treatment of all traumatic spinal injuries
- Treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures (kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty)
- Minimally invasive stabilizing interventions for spinal injuries
- Treatment of spinal tumors
- Conservative treatment of back pain
- Treatment of spinal stenosis
- Reconstructive surgery to correct soft tissue and bone defects
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Susanne Fuchs-Winkelmann
- 1986 - 1992 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Cologne.
- 01.06.1992 3rd state exam.
- 09.06.1992 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1992 Intern, Department of Traumatology, St. Antonius Academic Hospital Eschweiler.
- 1993 Intern, Department of Traumatology, Clinic Duisburg-Buchholz.
- Since 1994 Research Fellow in the Department of General Orthopedics at the University Hospital Muenster.
- 29.08.1998 Board certification in Orthopedics, additional qualifications in Sports Medicine, Manual Therapy and Physiotherapy.
- Since 01.09.1999 Senior Physician of the Department of General Orthopedics at the University Hospital Muenster.
- Since 01.01.2000 Responsible for radiation protection.
- 04.05.2000 Venia legendi in Orthopedics. Paper subject: "Causes and possible methods of treating pain in the anterior knee joint after endoprosthetics".
- 2006 Board certification in Traumatology.
- 01.04.2001 - 31.03.2004 Managing Senior Physician of the Department of General Orthopedics at the University Hospital Muenster.
- 01.04.2004 - 30.06.2005 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of General Orthopedics at the University Hospital Muenster.
- Since 01.07.2005 Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Founding Member of European Knee Associates.
- Member of the German Knee Society.
- Member of the Working Group on Oncological Orthopedics.
Photo of the doctor: (c) UKGM - Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.