University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Internal Intensive Medicine (81)
Specialized in: cardiology, angiology, internal intensive medicine
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Internal Intensive Medicine at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM ranks among the top German departments specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases!
The Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Internal Intensive Medicine at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM specializes in the intensive care of urgent cardiac cases, the use of modern catheter methods in the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias and narrowed coronary arteries with the help of hemodynamic support systems and without them. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Bernhard Schieffer.
The diagnostic capabilities include not only a wide range of modern noninvasive diagnostic methods, but also all interventional invasive and circulatory support procedures.
One of the main focuses of the department is to treat patients with acute coronary syndrome. The patient care is provided according to all recommendations within a special treatment program “Acute Coronary Syndrome”, which is based on the current requirements of the professional cardiology associations.
Other focuses include all forms of cardiomyopathy, pericarditis, all types of arrhythmias and heart valve defects. A separate focus is placed on the treatment of inflammatory heart diseases with an option of endomyocardial biopsy in diseases of the heart muscle.
The Department of Cardiology together with the Department of Cardiac Surgery forms the Cardiology Center of the University Hospital Marburg UKGM. The center specializes in the treatment of patients with heart diseases, diseases of the coronary arteries and cardiac muscle.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of ischemic heart disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of other forms of heart disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of arteries, arterioles and capillaries
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of veins, lymphatic vessels and nodes
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Intensive care medicine
- Treatment of blood poisoning / sepsis
- Diagnosis and treatment of heart arrhythmias
- Diagnosis and treatment of bleeding disorders
- Cardiology Center
- One-dimensional Dopplerography
- Duplex ultrasound
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound
- Special outpatient consultation
- Marburg, Germany