University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Pulmonology (82)
Claus Franz Vogelmeier
Specialized in: pulmonology
About the department
The Department of Pulmonology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM offers all the options of modern medicine for the diagnostics and treatment of lung diseases. The specialists of the department mostly deal with the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, pneumonia, lung cancer and sleep-related breathing disorders. The department has an in-house Intensive Care Unit with the possibility of invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation, as well as other intensive care procedures. To provide the accurate diagnostics, the department offers state-of-the-art endoscopic examinations. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Claus Franz Vogelmeier.
Much attention is paid to cancer treatment. The department has state-of-the-art technologies for the diagnostics of bronchogenic cancer. The treatment program is discussed together with the patient and other experts within the framework of regular tumor boards. All therapeutic regimens correspond to the individual needs of the patient.
The department operates a modern Sleep Laboratory for treating patients with sleep-related breathing disorders. The doctors of the department have more than 30 years of successful experience in this field. They have special portable equipment that allows for the diagnostics of sleep at home.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of bronchial asthma
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of interstitial lung diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency
- Diagnostics and treatment of lung cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious lung diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders
- Endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Flexible bronchoscopy
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound
- Stent implantation for airway stenosis
- Endobronchial therapy (argon plasma coagulation and electrocoagulation)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Other medical services
- 01.1984 - 10.1987 Assistant Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine I.
- 12.1989 - 07.1994 Work at the Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 11.1987 - 11.1989 Research Fellowship, Section of Pulmonology, National Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA.
- 08.1994 - 12.1996 Acting Head of the Department of Pulmonology.
- Since 01.1997 Clinical Senior Physician of the Department of Internal Medicine I.
- 06.1998 - 01.2001 Head of the Department of Pulmonology.
- Since 01.2001 Head of the Department of Pulmonology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM.
Scholarships, Awards and Memberships
- 1975 - 1982 Scholarship for Gifted People of the Bavarian Ministry of Education.
- 11.1987 - 11.1989 Scholarship of the German Research Foundation, Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA.
- 1993 Curt Dehner Award for Research on Pulmonary Emphysema.
- 1998 - 2009 Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Society for Lung and Respiration Research.
- Since 2002 Board Member, Atemwegsliga.
- 2004 - 2012 Member of the Medical College of the German Research Foundation.
- 2004 - 2009 Board Member of the Academy for Advanced Training of the Medical Association of the State of Hesse.
- 2005 - 2014 Board Member of the Center for Joint Research SFB TR 22.
- Since 2008 Representative of the Network for Bronchial Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (BMBF).
- Since 2008 Chairman of the Dissertation Board (Medicine) at the Phillips University of Marburg.
- 2009 - 2011 President of the German Society of Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine.
- Since 2009 Member of the Scientific Committee of the Global Initiative on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases.
- Since 2011 Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Leibniz Center for Medicine and Biological Sciences, Borstel.
- 2014 Appointed as a Fellow of the European Society of Respiratory Medicine (FERS).
- Since 2015 Chairman of the Board of the German Lung Foundation.
- Since 2016 Member of the Editorial Board Lancet Respiratory Medicine.
Department of Pulmonology.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home