University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Nephrology (85)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Hoyer treats patients with internal diseases, especially those with kidney diseases and hypertension. The department also offers both diagnosis and treatment of conditions requiring intensive care (failure of several organs and acute kidney injury), chronic kidney disease, dialysis and other methods of detoxification, as well as kidney transplantation and combined kidney-pancreas transplantation.
The department treats a wide spectrum of diseases affecting not only kidneys, but often causing systemic lesions. The most common of these are:
- Nephrologic syndromes
- Acute kidney injury
- Tubulointerstitial diseases
- Vascular diseases affecting kidneys
- Chronic end-stage kidney disease
- Water electrolyte imbalance
Transplant medicine is an important focus of the Department of Nephrology. The department specializes not only in kidney transplantation from the deceased donors to adults and elderly patients (European Senior Program), but also in living donor kidney transplants, combined kidney-pancreas transplantation, kidney transplantation in different blood types and kidney transplantation in children.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Autoimmune diseases and HIV-related diseases
- Bullous dermatoses
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Kidney diseases: primary (glomerulonephritis, interstitial nephritis) and secondary kidney diseases (diabetic nephropathy, renovascular diseases, immunological and malignant systemic diseases)
- Rheumatic diseases
- Intensive care medicine
- Patient care before and after transplantation
- Blood poisoning (sepsis)
- Autoimmune diseases
- Bleeding disorders
- Transplant medicine
- Neuroimmunological disorders
- Tubulointerstitial kidney diseases
- Kidney failure
- Other kidney and ureteral disorders
- Kidney transplantation (Certified Transplant Center)
- Pain therapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of genetic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of storage diseases
Department of Nephrology.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home