University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Nephrology (85)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the Department of Nephrology at University Hospital Marburg UKGM
The Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM offers the full range of medical services in this field and specializes in the treatment of kidney diseases and hypertension. The department’s tasks also include the diagnostics and treatment of diseases requiring intensive care (acute kidney and multiple organ failure), chronic kidney failure (dialysis and other methods of detoxification), kidney transplantation and combined kidney and pancreas transplantation. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Hoyer.
An important area of the department’s work is transplant medicine. The department specializes not only in transplanting kidneys from deceased donors to adults and elderly patients (Eurotransplant Program), but also in transplanting kidneys from living donors, combined kidney and pancreas transplants, and kidney transplants in case of blood group incompatibility.
The department has all modern methods, which, combined with excellent qualifications and colossal experience of doctors, allows to regularly demonstrate high rates of treatment success.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney diseases
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Acute kidney failure
- Tubulointerstitial diseases
- Vascular diseases with renal artery lesions
- Chronic terminal kidney failure
- Water-electrolyte imbalance
- Diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune diseases
- Churg-Strauss syndrome
- Goodpasture syndrome
- Microscopic polyangiitis
- Rheumatic fever
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Hypersensitivity vasculitis
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's granulomatosis)
- Dialysis procedures
- Chronic hemodialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Plasmapheresis, plasma separation
- Transplant medicine
- Kidney transplantation from living and deceased donors
- Kidney-pancreas transplantation
- Kidney transplantation in case of blood group incompatibility
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) UKGM - Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH
Department of Nephrology.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.