University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (86)
Rolf F. Maier
Specialized in: pediatrics
About the department
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM offers treatment of the entire spectrum of diseases in children and adolescents. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Rolf F. Maier.
The focuses of the clinical activity include neonatology, pediatric nephrology and transplant nephrology, as well as pediatric pulmonology and allergology. The preoperative and postoperative care is provided by pediatricians and pediatric nurses in close cooperation with the corresponding specialists within the children’s hospital. The department is the Interregional Center for the treatment of the following diseases in children and adolescents:
- Respiratory and sleep disorders in children and adolescents
- Congenital / acquired laryngeal diseases
- Hemangiomas and lymphangiomas
- Vascular malformations in the brain, e.g. vein of Galen malformation
- Malformations in the face, e.g. Pierre Robin sequence, cleft lip, jaw and palate
In most cases, one of the parents of young children and school-age children can stay in the child’s ward or in the special apartments for parents. The main goal of the department is to provide patients and their families with the best medical treatment and care.
The main focuses of the department are:
- Pediatric nephrology
- Pediatric pulmonology and cystic fibrosis
- Pediatric allergology
- Pediatric intensive care medicine
- Pediatric endocrinology and diabetology
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Pediatric neurology and oncology
- Vascular malformations (lymphangiomas and hemangiomas)
- Vein of Galen malformation
- Congenital malformations of the face
- Pediatric emergency care
- Pediatric radiology
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home