University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Neurology (87)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM, headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Lars Timmermann, offers both diagnostics and treatment for patients with all types of diseases of the central and peripheral nervous systems. In cooperation with the Departments of Neurosurgery and Neuroradiology, the department offers all options of modern diagnostics and treatment.
The key attention is given to the diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system. The main focus is placed on the inpatient and outpatient treatment of multiple sclerosis and other inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system. The department is of interregional importance. It offers all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including its own Liquor Lab and infusion therapy. In addition, there is a specialized day hospital.
The doctors of the department specialize in the diagnostics and treatment of brain malignancies. The department is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center (CCC) and regularly participates in the interdisciplinary neuro-oncology consultations. The patients receive drug treatment on both an outpatient and inpatient basis. In addition, the department provides surgical treatment and radiation therapy.
The range of medical services covers both diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system
- Neuroimmunological diseases
- Brain malignancies
- Benign brain tumors
- Diseases of the meninges
- Treatment with neurostimulants for brain stimulation
- Systemic atrophies, which primarily affect the central nervous system
- Extrapyramidal diseases and movement disorders
- Degenerative diseases of the nervous system
- Demyelinating disorders of the central nervous system
- Diseases of the nerves, nerve roots and nerve plexuses
- Polyneuropathies and other disorders of the peripheral nervous system
- Diseases of the neuromuscular synapses and muscles
- Cerebral palsy and other paralytic syndromes
- Neurological emergency and intensive care medicine
- Diagnosis and treatment of geriatric diseases
- Sleep medicine
- Pain therapy
- Stroke Unit
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system and muscles
Department of Neurology.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home