University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (91)
Boris A. Stuck
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM offers the full range of services in the area of its specialization. The department’s doctors are distinguished by outstanding achievements in the treatment of diseases of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses, including allergic reactions, cochlear implantation and installation of middle ear implants, treatment of head and neck oncopathologies, as well as vascular malformations of the head and neck (Osler’s disease, hemangiomas, lymphangiomas and other vascular malformations). The scope of tasks also includes medical care for patients with voice and speech disorders. The department offers all advanced diagnostic and treatment methods, which guarantee an excellent result. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Boris A. Stuck.
Much attention is paid to the treatment of laryngeal cancer and other oncological diseases. The department performs complex resections, as well as reconstructive interventions using skin grafting (skin and muscle flaps, microvascular free flaps, etc.). Also, it uses laser systems, microsurgical techniques, photodynamic therapy (diode laser) and the Da Vinci robotic system.
In addition, the service spectrum of the department covers reconstructive surgery after interventions for head and neck tumors, rhinoplasty, auricle repair, nose surgery to improve nasal breathing (after nasal bone fracture). The department works closely with experts in the field of neurosurgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, neuroradiology.
In the field of pediatric otolaryngology, the focus is on the diagnostics and treatment of hearing and speech disorders in children, ranging from newborns to adolescents. The department provides hearing screening in newborns. It also treats all types of hearing loss in children, in particular, conductive and sensorineural hearing loss, auditory neuropathy. Each type of pathology requires individual therapeutic measures. For example, in case of conductive hearing loss, both drug therapy and surgical treatment can be used, while sensorineural hearing loss can not be treated with medication. Also, children's otolaryngologists help young patients with impaired development of speech and voice.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors
- Nasal tumors
- Oral tumors
- Nasopharyngeal tumors
- Oropharyngeal tumors
- Laryngeal tumors
- Paranasal sinus surgery
- Salivary gland tumors
- Surgical therapy (including minimally invasive procedures)
- Radiation therapy
- Combination therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses
- Nasal septum surgery (septoplasty)
- Nose reshaping (functional rhinoplasty, functional septorhinoplasty)
- Nasal concha surgery (nasal concha reduction, turbinoplasty, conchotomy)
- Nasal septum reconstruction in case of its defects
- Endoscopic functional paranasal sinus surgery
- Facial skeleton interventions
- Transnasal orbital and paranasal sinus surgery
- Transnasal lacrimal surgery
- Minimally invasive transnasal interventions for tumors in the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses
- Surgery for congenital malformations (for example, choanal atresia)
- Cochlear implantation in adults and children
- Diagnostics and treatment of vascular malformations in the head and neck
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the salivary glands (inflammatory, non-inflammatory, oncological ones)
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergies
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness
- Diagnostics and treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders (for example, obstructive sleep apnea)
- Diagnostics and treatment of voice, speech disorders, hearing loss in adults and children
- Diagnostics and treatment of swallowing disorders
- Other medical services
- 04.2017 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM.
- 02.2016 Additional specialization in Plastic Surgery.
- 01.2015 Leading Senior Physician and Head of the Section of Oncology in the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Essen University Hospital.
- 01.2015 Coordinator of the Center for Head and Neck Tumors within the framework of the West German Cancer Center in Essen.
- 09.2013 Representative of the Interdisciplinary Network "Respiration and Sleep" of the German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM).
- 08.2013 Coordinator of the Center for Head and Neck Tumors (certified by the German Cancer Society) at the University Hospital Mannheim.
- 11.2010 Member of the European Board of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- 10.2010 Instructor of the German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine for head and neck sonography.
- 10.2010 Representative of the Working Group on Surgical Treatment Approaches of the German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM).
- 06.2009 Managing Senior Physician in the Department of Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Mannheim.
- 04.2009 Additional specialization in Drug Therapy for Tumors.
- 05.2007 Additional specialization Sleep Medicine.
- 03.2007 Extraordinary Professor of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine in Mannheim, University of Heidelberg.
- 10.2006 Qualification in Somnology (German Sleep Society).
- 04.2006 Additional specialization in Allergology.
- 05.2005 Senior Physician, Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Mannheim.
- 11.2004 Habilitation in Otolaryngology.
- 10.2004 Board certification in Otolaryngology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) UKGM - Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.