University Hospital Bonn
Department of Dermatology and Allergology (26283)
Specialized in: dermatology, аllergology
About the department
The Department of Dermatology and Allergology at the University Hospital Bonn offers the diagnostics and treatment of all dermatological pathologies. The department specializes in the treatment of chronic inflammatory dermatoses, autoimmune diseases, skin tumors, operative dermatology, etc. The department also offers the high-quality medical services in the treatment of venous disease of the lower extremities, treatment of all types of allergies, impaired fertility in men, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Dr.h.c. Thomas Bieber.
The department ranks among the leading German Dermato-Oncology Centers. The department's specialists have advanced experience in the diagnostics, counselling and treatment of all types of skin tumors. The service range includes the diagnostics and treatment of such types of cancer as white skin cancer and its initial stages, black skin cancer, skin lymphomas and other rare skin cancers (for example, Merkel-cell carcinoma, Kaposi's sarcoma, angiosarcoma, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, etc.). Individual diagnostic and treatment programs are developed for each patient within the weekly tumor boards.
To treat various types of skin tumors, the department offers the comprehensive range of therapeutic options. These include dermatosurgery and micrographic surgery (including histology, immunohistology, molecular genetic examinations), interferon alpha adjuvant therapy, oncolytic virus vaccination (talimogene laherparepvec), systemic therapies for the treatment of patients with cancer at the advanced stages, including immuno-, targeted and chemotherapy. Thus, the department combines the very latest medical options and long experience, thereby offering patients the best possible treatment capabilities.
The service range of the department includes the following options:
- Diagnostics and treatment of all dermatological diseases
- Acne and rosacea
- Acne inversa
- Chronic inflammatory skin diseases
- Other types of eczema
- Autoimmune diseases
- Infectious diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Genetic skin diseases
- Lichenoid disorders
- Diagnostics of skin condition of unknown origin
- Phototherapy and photochemotherapy in psoriasis, neurodermatitis, mycosis fungoides, scleroderma, vitiligo, pruritus, urticaria pigmentosa, lichen planus, etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin cancer
- White skin cancer and precancerous conditions
- Black skin cancer
- Skin lymphomas
- Rare skin cancers
- Merkel-cell carcinoma
- Kaposi's sarcoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
- Surgical dermatologic oncology
- Benign skin tumors
- Malignant skin tumors (for example, malignant melanoma, epithelial tumors, skin lymphomas, etc.)
- Micrographic surgery of skin tumors, including plastic reconstructive surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Excision of the red border of the lip (vermilionectomy) in the treatment of actinic cheilitis (in chronic skin changes and red border of the lips under the light exposure)
- Congenital and acquired skin pathologies
- Age spots, pigmentation disorders
- Inflammatory skin diseases (for example, acne inversa, purulent hidradenitis, etc.)
- Venous disease, varicose veins
- Trophic ulcers (removal of skin defects, elimination of postoperative defects using split skin grafts and vacuum-assisted wound closure)
- Laser therapy (Erbium:YAG cutaneous laser resurfacing, ruby laser, KTP laser, etc.)
- Interventions on the nail bed
- Insect venom allergy
- Food allergy
- Drug intolerance
- Allergic rhinitis
- Mild asthma
- Atopic dermatitis
- Allergic skin rash (urticaria), angioedema
- Allergic diagnostics
- Special immunotherapy
- Varicose veins
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Leg ulcers of any origin
- Swollen feet of vascular origin
- Superficial vein thrombosis
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Post-thrombotic syndrome
- Angiopathy (Raynaud's disease, erythromelalgia, acrocyanosis, etc.)
- Male infertility
- Erectile dysfunction
- Hypogonadism and delayed puberty
- Male menopause
- Semen cryopreservation
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Academic and Professional Career
- 1976 - 1982 Study of Human Medicine at Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France.
- 1982 - 1985 Medical Specialist in Dermatology at Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France.
- 1982 PhD thesis in Human Medicine at Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, France.
- 1985 - 1989 Medical Specialist in Dermatology, PhD thesis at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany.
- 1989 Habilitation at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany.
- 1991 - 1993 Heisenberg Scholarship of the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- 1994 - 1997 Professor for Dermatology and Allergology at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany.
- Since 1997 Professor for Dermatology and Allergology at the University of Bonn, Germany.
- 2009 - 2011 Master Course in Drug Regulatory Affairs at the University of Bonn, Germany.
Functions in Scientific Societies and Committees
- Since 1997, Board Member of several national and international societies.
- Since 1998, President of the Erich Hoffmann Society.
- Since 2008, President of the North-Rhine Westphalian Dermatological Society.
- Since 2010, Chief Editor of Allergy, the official Journal of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI).
Honors and Awarded Memberships
- 1990 Karl-Hansen-Memorial Award, German Society for Allergy Research.
- 1991 Grünenthal Research Award in Dermatology "Skin and Environment".
- 1992 Award of the European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology.
- 1993 International Research Award of the Roche-Posay Foundation for Dermatology.
- 1994 International Award of the Pharmacia Allergy Research Foundation.
- 1996 Research Award of the German Skin and Allergy Foundation.
- 1999 Honorary Member of the Hungarian Dermatological Society.
- 2000 Gold Medal of the Foundation for Allergy Research in Europe.
- 2004 Honorary Member of the Austrian Society for Dermatology.
- 2012 Award for the Best Master Thesis, German Society for Drug Regulatory Affairs.
Department of Dermatology and Allergology.
University Hospital Bonn:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home