University Hospital Bonn
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery (279212)
Specialized in: plastic and aesthetic surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Hospital Bonn offers the full range of surgical procedures for correcting defects after accidents, tumors or wounds, as well as all modern aesthetic operations. The department has a special competence in the field of plastic and aesthetic breast surgery, for example, breast augmentation or reduction. The main purpose of the department's clinical practice is the provision of the best therapeutic result and the highest level of safety. There are widely used various imaging devices, which allow to carefully plan the intervention and its possible outcomes. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Klaus-Jürgen Walgenbach.
The service range of the department includes:
- Facial surgery
- Forehead lift
- Lip plastic surgery
- Nose reshaping
- Ear reshaping
- Wrinkle treatment
- Plastic and aesthetic breast surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery of individual parts of the body
- Shoulder skin lift
- Thigh lift
- Plastic surgery in hyperhidrosis
- Reconstructive surgery
- Reconstructive interventions for the correction of accident consequences
- Reconstructive surgical interventions in the case of oncology (oncoplastic surgery)
- Correction of congenital malformations
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery in men
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Eyelid surgery
- Wrinkle treatment
- Hand surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome treatment
- Cubital tunnel syndrome treatment
- Stenosing tenosynovitis treatment
- Ganglion treatment
- Dupuytren's contracture treatment
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Other medical services
Education and Professional Career
- Since 2006 Organisation of regular monthly consultations at Harley Street, London.
- Since 2004 Head of the Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Hospital Bonn.
- Since 2003 Associate Professor, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, USA.
- 2001 - 2003 Visiting Professor, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, USA.
- 2004 Additional qualifications in Hand Surgery.
- 2002 Habilitation in Plastic Surgery.
- 1997 - 2000 Training for a Medical Specialist in Plastic Surgery, Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery, University Hospital Freiburg.
- 1993 - 1994 Research Fellowship (Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship) of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, USA.
- 1990 - 1997 Training for Dr. med. in Surgery, Department of General, Abdominal, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Bonn.
- 1984 - 1990 Study of Medicine in Bonn and Pittsburgh, USA.
Scholarships and Awards
- Scholarship of the University of Bonn for the education abroad, residency at the University of Pittsburgh, USA.
- 1989 Feodor Lynen Research Scholarship of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (a year and a half), University of Pittsburgh, USA.
- 1993 Scholarship of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation within the follow-up program for the participants of the Feodor Lynen Research Scholarship.
- 2001 Report Award of the Association of German Plastic Surgeons.
- 1996 Poster Prize of the Academy of Surgical Research.
- 1991 KCI Medical Award of the German Society for Wound Healing and Wound Treatment (DGfW).
- 1999 Poster Prize of the Association of German Plastic Surgeons (as a Co-Author).
- 1995 Report Prize of the Robert Evy Society, Philadelphia, USA (as a Co-Author).
- 1997 Poster Award of the Working Group on Biomaterials of the German Society of Surgery (CAB), as co-author.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC, formerly VDPC).
- German Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (VDÄPC).
- Society for Aesthetic Surgery in Germany (GÄCD).
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- German Society of Surgery.
- Professional Association of German Surgeons.
- European Tissue Engineering Society.
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
University Hospital Bonn:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home