University Hospital Bonn
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-orthopedics (286904)
Specialized in: pediatric orthopedics, neuro-orthopedics
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-orthopedics is part of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Bonn and deals with the treatment of pediatric orthopedic and neuro-orthopedic diseases. The Department is headed by PD Dr. med. Richard Placzek. The treatment concept is always based on an individual approach – there are particular treatment options and objectives for every patient.
The specialists of the Department under the direction of PD Dr. med. Richard Placzek provide treatment in a close cooperation with private pediatricians and orthopedists, physiotherapists as well as with the specialists of the related disciplines at the University Hospital Bonn (neonatology, pediatric hematology / oncology, neuropediatrics, human genetics etc.).
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-orthopedics at the University Hospital Bonn treats all pediatric orthopedic diseases and their consequences over the entire course of the disease and in adulthood:
- Congenital hip dysplasia, hip dislocation: primary treatment i.e. reduction of congenital dislocations, fixation with a body cast
- Slipped femoral epiphysis
- Perthes disease: conservative, surgical treatment
- Infantile cerebral palsy: treatment with botulinum toxin (treatment according to “Botulinum toxin therapy” recommendations of the specialized working group (AkBoNT) of the German Society of Neurology. A single administration of botulinum toxin in the spastic muscles allows to reduce spasticity for a long time (usually from 8 up to 12 weeks). This interval of reduced spasticity gives time for a targeted stimulation within a multimodal treatment concept i.e. in combination with physiotherapy, occupational therapy and provision of aids. The preferred treatment concept of the Department involves the further injections over the entire growth period.
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy / Becker muscular dystrophy / other muscular dystrophies: conservative and surgical treatment Conservative and surgical treatment of all consequences of neuromuscular diseases related to the musculoskeletal system in both childhood and adulthood.
- Limb deformities: axis and length malformations Placement of an external fixator for lengthening and correction of the axes, temporary and definitive epiphysiodesis
- Clubfoot / other foot deformities (valgus flat foot, hollow foot): conservative treatment according to the Ponseti method, surgical treatment according to Dimeglio/Krauspe/Crawford
- Osteochondritis dissecans: conservative, surgical treatment in a close cooperation with a team specializing in knee diseases / arthroscopy
- Idiopathic / neuromuscular scoliosis: conservative and surgical treatment in a close cooperation with the Section of Spine Orthopedics (PD Dr. med. R. Pflugmacher)
- Skeletal dysplasia: conservative and surgical treatment
- Benign bone tumors (exostosis cartilaginea, osteoid osteoma etc.): in a close cooperation with the Section of Oncologic and Rheumatic Orthopedics (PD Dr. med. P. Pennekamp)
- Purulent arthritis / osteomyelitis: diagnosis, conservative and surgical treatment
- Torticollis: conservative and surgical treatment
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-orthopedics.
University Hospital Bonn:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home