Hairy Cell Leukemia Diagnosis (program ID: 87871)
University Hospital Bonn
Peter BrossartSpecialized in: oncology, hematology, rheumatology, immunoncology
Department of Oncology, Hematology, Rheumatology and Immunoncology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical blood test
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- blood smear
- ultrasound of spleen
- CT scan (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 650 €)
- aspiration biopsy of bone marrow (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 2500 €)
- histological study
- immunohistochemical study
- nursing services
- services of all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Bone marrow biopsy results (if available)
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Oncology, Hematology, Rheumatology and Immunoncology at the University Hospital Bonn offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of solid tumors, benign and malignant diseases of blood and bone marrow, rheumatic pathologies. The priority purpose of each employee in the department is to provide patients with an optimal medical care, based on the use of the very latest treatment methods. The department's specialists are distinguished by their high professionalism and colossal experience in the treatment of extremely complex clinical cases. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Peter Brossart.
The therapeutic options of the department include not only classical therapies, for example, chemotherapy, but also the therapy with the use of targeted drugs, such as antibodies, tyrosine kinase and mTOR inhibitors, immunotherapy, etc. The basic therapeutic techniques are complemented by supportive therapy, for example, pain therapy, diet therapy, physiotherapy, psychological support. All the treatment procedures are carried out in accordance with the GCP (Good Clinical Practice) standard. Great attention is paid to the interdisciplinary approach, which is provided within the Center for Integrated Oncology Cologne-Bonn.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of bronchial carcinoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of gastrointestinal tumors
- Special counseling in pancreatic tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors (in collaboration with the Departments of Otolaryngology and Radiation Therapy)
- Diagnostics and treatment of gastrointestinal stromal tumors, bone and soft tissue sarcomas
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of unknown primary
- Diagnostics and treatment of renal cell carcinoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of progressive and recurrent testicular tumors and germ cells
- Supportive therapy for patients with cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of thyroid cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of multiple myeloma
- Diagnostics and treatment of leukemia (for example, acute myeloid leukemia, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of lymphomas
- Diagnostics and treatment of myelodysplastic syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of myeloproliferative disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of aplastic anemia
- Diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemia / immune thrombopenia / thrombocytopenic purpura
- Diagnostics and treatment of highly malignant non-Hodgkin lymphomas
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of psoriatic arthritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of spondyloarthropathy
- Diagnostics and treatment of gout
- Diagnostics and treatment of collagenoses and vasculitides
- Diagnostics and treatment of rare rheumatic diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of solid tumors (especially metastatic malignant neoplasms of the head and neck, lungs and kidneys)
- Diagnostics and treatment of neoplasms of the hematopoietic (leukemia) or lymphatic system (lymphoma)
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases
Education and Professional Experience
- 10/1984 - 5/1991 Study of Medicine at the University of Tuebingen.
- 6/1991 Doctoral thesis defense, University of Tuebingen, overall assessment: excellent.
- 6/1991 - 8/1992 Intern in the Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Freiburg.
- 09/1992 - 01/1995 Research Fellow at the University Hospital Heidelberg, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology.
- 02/1995 - 01/1997 Research stay funded by the German Cancer Aid at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA (Prof. M. J. Bevan).
- Since 1/1997 Research Fellow at the University Hospital Tuebingen, Department of Hematology, Oncology, Immunology and Rheumatology.
- Since 12/1999 Board certification in Internal Medicine, additional qualification in Hematology and Internal Oncology.
- 02/2001 Habilitation in Internal Medicine.
- 02/2001 - 12/2007 Head of the Department of Internal Medicine at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- Since 2002 Founding Member and Member of the Advisory Board of the Association "Cancer Immunotherapy" (KIMT).
- Since 2003 Member, "Molecular targeted therapy of cancer" (MTTC).
- Since 2004 Guest Professorship at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Genoa, Italy.
- 05/2004 Second place in the appointment procedure for a C3 Professorship in Clinical and Molecular Tumor Immunology at the Faculty of Medicine at the University Hospital Charité, Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin.
- 06/2006 Third place in the appointment procedure for a W3 Professorship in Hematology and Oncology at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Erlangen.
- 09/2006 Third place in the appointment procedure for the W3 Professorship in Hematology and Oncology at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Magdeburg, rejected.
- 06/2007 Invitation to the Chair (W3) of Hematology and Oncology, University of Bonn.
- Since 01/2008 Director of the Department of Oncology, Hematology, Rheumatology and Immunoncology at the University Hospital Bonn.
Prizes and Awards
- 10/1998 Arthur Pappenheim Prize for Hematology and Hematological Oncology by the German Society of Hematology and Oncology.
- 07/2006 Clinical Science Award 2005 by the German Society for Immunotherapy.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- Section Editor of the Journal "Leukemia".
- German Research Foundation.
- German Cancer Aid.
- Cancer Society of the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Sweden and the UK.
Review Activities in the International Journals
- Nature Medicine.
- J Clinical Investigation.
- Cancer Research.
- J Immunology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Bonn