Femoral neck fracture treatment with hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis) (program ID: 482477)
University Hospital Bonn
Dieter Christian WirtzSpecialized in: orthopedics, traumatology
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- x-ray examination of the hip
- MRI scan of the hip
- preoperative care
- hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis)
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- physiotherapeutic procedures
- orthopedic appliances
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Bonn ranks among the top German departments specializing in joint replacement surgery!
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. The therapeutic options include both conservative and surgical treatments. The department has 5 modern operating rooms, which meet stringent hygienic standards and a high technological level (for example, 2D and 3D X-rays, navigation systems, surgical microscopes, etc.). Also, it is possible to perform operations on an outpatient basis. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Dieter Christian Wirtz.
The department operates a round the clock interdisciplinary emergency unit, which has special competences in the treatment of patients with all types of acute diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
The department also pays key attention to early rehabilitation, which is carried out on the basis of the personalized treatment plan immediately from the first day after surgery, with the assistance of the experienced physiotherapists. The rehabilitation team is highly qualified and offers a wide range of procedures, including classical physiotherapy, instrumental physiotherapy, manual therapy, water procedures, electrotherapy, massage, mud therapy and other methods.
The service range of the department includes:
- Joint surgery
- Shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle replacement surgery, including the revision interventions (certified Venter for Endoprosthetics of maximum care)
- Replacement of aseptic and septic poorly fixed knee and hip prostheses
- Arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery (shoulder stabilization, subacromial decompression, rotator cuff reconstruction)
- Arthroscopic knee and ankle surgery (meniscus surgery, cruciate ligament replacement surgery, cartilage surgery)
- Joint-conserving transposition osteotomy of the pelvis, hip, knee, ankle joints
- Transplantation of autologous cartilaginous cells to the knee and ankle
- Corrective surgery in axial deformities of the lower limbs
- Foot surgery with the correction of all congenital and acquired deformities
- Orthopedic rheumatology
- All joint-conserving surgical methods (for example, removal of the joint synovial membrane)
- Resection arthroplasty (partial joint dissolution)
- Treatment of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system, accompanied by hemophilia
- Hand surgery
- All injuries of the hand, wrist and forearm (individual injuries or polytrauma)
- Thermal burns, chemical burns, frostbite, necrosis
- Nerve compression syndromes, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tendon disorders (for example trigger fingers)
- Ganglion cyst on the wrist, finger joints and tendon sheaths
- Foreign body removal, for example, glass fragments
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Suturing/reconstruction of injuries of the wrist and carpal articulation
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Neoplasms on the skin of the hand (for example, warts)
- Plastic reconstructive surgery in injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- Vacuum wound therapy
- Split flap transplantation
- Plastic surgery with local and free flaps
- Sports orthopedics and traumatology
- Surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors of bone and soft tissues of the musculoskeletal system (in interdisciplinary collaboration within the Center for Integrated Oncology Bonn)
- Life-threatening injuries (polytrauma/multiple injuries)
- High-risk patients (for example, with surgical interventions in medical history, heart diseases, diabetes mellitus, infections)
- Fractures and injuries of all joints of the musculoskeletal system
- Complicated fractures (for example, open fractures or fractures with damage to the muscles, blood vessels, nerves and skin)
- Reconstructive surgery of the articular, bone and soft tissues
- Treatment of infectious complications
- Correction of defects after accidents
- Hand injuries
- Foot injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of spinal diseases
- Conservative therapy
- Differentiated infiltration therapy of facet joints, nerve roots, epidural space, sclerotherapy of small vertebral joints (X-ray-guided)
- Outpatient and inpatient physiotherapy
- Conservative treatment of spinal inflammation (spondylodiscitis and spondylitis)
- Surgical treatment (minimally invasive and endoscopic spinal surgery)
- Minimally invasive, endoscopic and microscopic surgery of the intervertebral discs (for example, in spinal disc herniation)
- Percutaneous laser decompression of the intervertebral disc during its symptomatic protrusions
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Intervertebral disc replacement in the cervical and lumbar spine (for example, in osteochondrosis, accompanied by spinal disc herniation)
- Selective decompression surgery in spinal stenosis
- Dynamic stabilization of the individual spinal segments
- Mono- and multisegmental stability operations (spinal fusion) in instability caused by degenerative, traumatic, inflammatory and neoplastic changes
- Spondylolisthesis correction
- Ventral (transthoracic) and dorsal spinal fusion for the treatment of spinal deformities, such as scoliosis and kyphosis
- Cancer surgery of all spinal sections (in interdisciplinary collaboration)
- Revision spinal surgery
- Surgical treatment of the inflammatory spinal diseases (spondylodiscitis and spondylitis)
- Conservative therapy
- Rehabilitation measures
- Other diseases, treatment methods
- 1986 - 1992 Study of Medicine at the Medical Faculty of the RWTH Aachen.
- 03.12.1992 Admission to medical practice.
- 11.10.1993 Doctoral thesis defense, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen
- 01.1993 - 06.1994 Intern in the Department of Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery, Surgery Center, Katherinenhospital Stuttgart, Prof. Dr. med. U. Holz.
- 07.1994 - 12.1994 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, Wiesbaden Hospital (Prof. Dr. med. H. Peters).
- 12.1994 - 06.1999 Physician in the Department of Orthopedics at the University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Dr. med. F. U. Niethard).
- 07.1999 - 08.2003 Senior Physician in the Department of Orthopedics at the University Hospital Aachen.
- 08.21.2001 Habilitation and Venia Legendi in Orthopedics, Medical Faculty of RWTH Aachen.
- 09.2003 - 10.2006 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Aachen.
- Since 08.2005 Deputy Head of the Department.
- 21.07.2006 Extraordinary Professor, RWTH Aachen.
- 30.10.2006 W3 Professor, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, University of Bonn.
- 30.10.2006 Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 22.09.2008 Managing Director of the Surgery Center at the University Hospital Bonn.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Femoral neck fracture treatment with hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis)
- Hospital: University Hospital Bonn
- access_time Duration:
There are 90 femoral neck fracture treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics