University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
Department of Dermatology (292197)
Specialized in: dermatology
About the department
The Department of Dermatology at the Uniklinik Carl Gustav Carus Dresden offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of various skin diseases and allergic reactions. For these purposes, the department is equipped with the state-of-art technology, for example, systems for photodynamic therapy, high-performance laser devices. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Beissert, who, according to the prestigious Focus magazine, ranks among the top German doctors!
The department treats about 3,000 inpatients and more than 16,000 outpatients annually. Also, the department's specialists perform more than 4,100 surgical interventions every year. Such high rates attest to the outstanding quality of medical care and the authority of medical facility in Germany.
Key focus is on the treatment of skin tumors (certification of the German Cancer Society). After the surgical removal of a tumor or a confirmation of diagnosis of skin lymphoma, the patient is provided with a regular follow-up monitoring. The immunotherapy is used for the treatment of patients with high-risk of melanoma, while the treatment of patients with metastatic melanoma is based on chemotherapy, which complies with all international guidelines. A distinctive feature of the department in this field is the provision of patients with the access to national and international clinical trials of innovative drugs and advanced treatment techniques, which in many cases may extend a person’s life.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergies
- Insect venom allergy
- Contact dermatitis
- Hand eczema
- Food allergy
- Drug allergy
- Allergic rhinitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin diseases due to the professional activities (for example, eczema)
- Diagnostics and treatment of urticaria (including the chronic recurrent form)
- Diagnostics and treatment of angioedema
- Diagnostics and treatment of systemic mastocytosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin manifestations of sexually transmitted diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of male infertility (andrology)
- Diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune skin diseases
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Systemic scleroderma
- Mixed collagenosis
- Autoimmune bullous skin disorders (for example, bullous pemphigoid)
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin tumors
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Squamous skin cancer
- Targeted therapy
- Surgical treatment and subsequent plastic interventions
- Therapy within the clinical trials
- Diagnostics and treatment of immunodeficiencies
- Diagnostics and treatment of neurodermatitis
- Phototherapy in skin diseases
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma
- Prurigo nodularis
- Aesthetic and laser procedures
- Removal of age spots
- Hyperhidrosis treatment
- Wrinkle treatment
- Fractional laser treatment
- Dilation of the vessels (couperose)
- Hair removal
- Scar revision
- Phototherapy as a treatment for skin rejuvenation
- Tattoo removal
- Diagnostics and treatment of venous diseases
- Ultrasound and functional diagnostics of varicose veins
- Endovascular therapy
- Foam sclerotherapy in varicose veins
- Microsclerotherapy for spider veins
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic wounds (for example, leg ulcers)
- Diagnostics and treatment of other skin diseases
- 01.1995 - 08.1999 Medical Specialist in Dermatology.
- Since 09.2005, (W2) University Professor.
- 07.2001 - 08.2005 Heisenberg Scholarship of the German Research Foundation.
- 02.1993 - 12.1995 Research Scholarship of the German Research Foundation, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, USA.
Membership and Committee Activities
- Since 09.2008, Section Editor, Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
- Since 01.2004, Associate Editor, Experimental Dermatology.
- Reviewer of the German Research Foundation, German Cancer Society, FWF Österreich, SID, ADF, EADV, ESDR.
Invitation to Positions
- 04.2003 Invitation to the position of (C3) University Professor at the University of Mannheim and the University of Heidelberg (refusal).
Main Research Focuses
Photo: (c) depositphotos
Department of Dermatology.
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.