University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
Department of Hematology and Blood Stem Cell Transplantation (292202)
Specialized in: hematology, blood stem cell transplantation
About the department
The Department of Hematology and Blood Stem Cell Transplantation at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden offers the full range of services in the field and specializes in the treatment of malignant diseases of hematopoietic and lymphatic systems. In addition, the responsibilities of the department’s doctors include the treatment of rare benign pathologies, congenital or acquired hematopoietic disorders. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Frank Kroschinsky.
The therapeutic capabilities of the department cover modern methods of chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy using innovative drugs. The department is the largest and one of the most reputable medical institutions in Germany, specializing in allogeneic and autologous blood stem cell transplantation (European JACIE accreditation).
The patients undergoing inpatient treatment are also offered specialized physiotherapy treatment, psycho-oncological care and art therapy. With appropriate indications and if desired, the patient may participate in the clinical trials of innovative medicines and therapies. It is worth noting that the department conducts continuous fruitful research in the field of immunotherapy and stem cell application.
On the basis of the department, specialized laboratories carry out a number of diagnostic studies of the hematopoietic and lymphatic systems. Special competence exists in the field of cytological and cytochemical bone marrow studies, cytogenetic and molecular genetic studies. Thus, the department provides highly accurate diagnostics, which contributes to the development of the optimal treatment plan meeting the individual needs and wishes of each patient.
The service range of the department covers:
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic leukemia
- Acute myeloid leukemia
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Diagnostics and treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of multiple myeloma (plasmacytoma)
- Diagnostics and treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes
- Diagnostics and treatment of rare benign pathologies, congenital or acquired hematopoietic disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of blood clotting disorders
- Hemophilia A and B
- Von Willebrand disease
- Platelet dysfunction (thrombocytopathy)
- Identification of bleeding of unknown origin during surgery and other procedures
- Blood clotting disorders during pregnancy
- Complex disorders of hemostasis in hematological and other diseases
- Therapeutic options
- Targeted therapy
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation
- Autologous stem cell transplantation
- Treatment within the framework of clinical trials
- Special course of physiotherapy
- Psycho-oncological care
- Diagnostic options
- Bone marrow cytology and cytochemistry
- Cytogenetic and molecular genetic diagnostics
- Other medical services
Photo: (c) depositphotos
Department of Hematology and Blood Stem Cell Transplantation.
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.