Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neuroradiology (588540)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric neuroradiology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neuroradiology at the Charite University Hospital Berlin offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for the detection and treatment of diseases of the nervous system in children and adults. Of particular interest are stroke therapy, endovascular treatment of cerebrovascular diseases, such as aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations, imaging examinations in children. The department cooperates closely with experts in the field of neurology, neuropediatrics and neurosurgery, which creates optimal conditions for the provision of comprehensive treatment of the highest level. The department is headed by Dr. med. Georg Bohne.
The department has modern imaging systems, such as computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and digital subtraction angiography (DSA). In addition, the service range complements the ability to perform intraoperative imaging using MRI and DSA. The ultramodern technical equipment allows not only to image the anatomical structures, but also to assess their functions, for example, blood circulation, metabolic processes, cerebrospinal fluid outflow and others.
An important component of the department's work is research aimed at the improvement of existing and development of new diagnostic and treatment methods. Priority focuses in this field are researchers for the optimization of diagnostics and treatment of tumors of the CNS, inflammatory diseases of the CNS (for example, multiple sclerosis), pathologies of the brain and spinal cord, including malformations in children, developmental delays and brain tumors in children, neurovascular diseases, acute stroke etc.
The diagnostic and therapeutic services of the department include:
- Imaging diagnostics
- Computed tomography (CT)
- High resolution skull base CT
- Head and neck CT angiography (multislice CT system)
- CT perfusion (for the diagnostics of stroke, tumors)
- CT of the temporal bone, including virtual otoscopy (high resolution multislice CT system)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Diffusion MRI
- Perfusion MRI
- Functional MRI
- Diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging, including MR spectroscopy and MR tractography
- Cranial nerve MRI, including virtual cisternography
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Minimally invasive interventions
- Treatment of aneurysms (coiling)
- Treatment of vascular malformations of the brain and spinal cord (embolization)
- Stent implantation and angioplasty of vessels of the neck and head
- Interventional recanalization in acute stroke
- CT-guided minimally invasive pain therapy
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Photo of the doctor: (c) Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neuroradiology.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.