Spinal muscular atrophy diagnosis (program ID: 302457)
Charite University Hospital Berlin
Matthias EndresSpecialized in: neurology
Department of Neurology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- neurological examination:
- muscle strength
- muscle tone
- senses of touch and sight
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical blood test (creatine kinase)
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- hormone test (TSH, parathormone)
- vitamin test (B12, D)
- genetic testing (SMN1, SMN2)
- electroencephalography (EEG)
- cerebrovascular doppler ultrasound
- electromyography (EMG)
- CT/ MRI of head and neck (if indicated clinically,
additional cost is 650/1200€)
- muscle biopsy with histological study
(if indicated clinically, additional cost is 2500€)
- nursing services
- treatment by head doctor and all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Charite provides treatment of the full range of neurological disorders. Located at the Charité Campuses Mitte, Vichow-Klinikum and Benjamin Franklin, the department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Endres.
The department specializes in the treatment of stroke, hemorrhages, blood clots, meningoencephalitis and autoimmune diseases of the central nervous system. In addition, the department offers ultrasound diagnosis and ultrasound therapy.
The department has 160 beds, 20 of which belong to the Stroke Units and 14 belong to the Intensive Care Units.The activities of the whole highly dedicated team of neurologists and neuroscientists of the department focus on the studying and treatment of diseases of the nervous system.
The Department of Neurology has the most advanced technology and equipment:
- Routine monitoring and advanced intensive care monitoring
- Neurophysiological monitoring
- State-of-the-art CT & MRI
- Bone marrow transplant
- Сerebral microdialysis
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Charite ranks among the top German departments specializing in the treatment of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease!
- Since 2005, W2 Professorship in Neurology at the University Hospital Charite.
- Since 2004, Attending Physician in the Department of Neurology, Charite (Stroke Unit and Intensive Care Unit).
- 2003 - 2005 Heisenberg Fellow, German Research Foundation.
- 1998 - 2003 Resident Physician, Department of Neurology, Charite (Advisor: Prof. Einhäupl).
- 1998 - 2004 Group Leader "Cerebral Ischemia" in the Department of Experimental Neurology, Charite (Prof. Dirnagl).
- 1996 - 1998 Fellow of the Neuroscience Center, Massachusetts Municipal Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston (Advisor: Prof. Moskowitz).
- 1994 - 1996 Resident Physician, Medical University of Lübeck (Advisor: Prof. Kömpf).
- 1988 - 1994 Study of Medicine in Bochum, New York, Toronto, Hamburg.
Prevention methods for vascular diseases (endothelial function, physical activity). Mechanisms of cell death (cell cycle activation, DNA damage and repair, apoptosis). Regeneration and functional outcome (cellular plasticity, neurogenesis). Clinical studies (stroke unit, telemedicine).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Spinal muscular atrophy diagnosis
- Hospital: Charite University Hospital Berlin
- access_time Duration:
There are 58 spinal muscular atrophy (sma) diagnostic hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics