University Hospital Duesseldorf
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (26213)
Specialized in: otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf offers the full range of modern diagnostics, conservative, and surgical treatment, prevention of diseases of the ear, vestibular apparatus, nose, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, and larynx, salivary glands, lymphatic system of the head and neck. In addition, the specialization covers head and neck, skull base surgery. The department’s state-of-art operating rooms are equipped with everything necessary for the effective treatment, for example, intraoperative imaging systems, computerized monitoring systems, navigation devices, etc. The department annually treats more than 2,600 patients, while one third of them suffer from oncopathology.
The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Jörg Schipper. According to the Focus magazine, the doctor ranks among the top doctors in Germany! He has vast clinical experience and unique qualifications, which allow him to carry out the most complex interventions in any pathologies of the otolaryngological range.
The main focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors
- Squamous cell cancer of the upper respiratory tract
- Nose, paranasal sinus and skull base tumors
- Salivary gland tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses
- Allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (hay fever) in adults and children
- Nasal polyps
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the external, middle, inner ear, and mastoid process
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness
- Diagnostics and treatment of infections and other diseases of the upper respiratory tract
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the tear ducts
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity, salivary glands, larynx, trachea
- Diagnostics and treatment of swallowing disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergies
- Surgical options
- Middle ear and inner ear surgery in order to improve hearing
- Functional endoscopic surgery of the paranasal sinuses
- Neck interventions (tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, paracentesis)
- Laser surgery
- Laryngeal microsurgery
- Plastic and reconstructive interventions
- Skull base surgery
- Surgical treatment of otolaryngological diseases in children
- Cochlear implantation
- Other medical services
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
University Hospital Duesseldorf:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home