University Hospital Duesseldorf
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (26223)
Specialized in: vascular and endovascular surgery
About the Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at University Hospital Duesseldorf
The Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the University Hospital Duesseldorf offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department specializes in kidney transplantation, minimally invasive and classical vascular interventions. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Schelzig.
The priority task of the department's doctors is the treatment of carotid stenosis, aortic aneurysm, circulatory disorders in the pelvic and leg vessels, the formation of arteriovenous shunts in dialysis patients and the treatment of varicose veins. The department offers all modern surgical techniques, as well as conducts active research activities for the development of innovative surgical treatment methods. There were created all the conditions to provide the patient with the most sparing treatment adapted to the individual needs at the university level medicine.
Over the last 30 years, the department has become a supraregional medical facility, which specializes in operations on blood vessels and kidney transplantation. The department performs about 1,200 operations on the aorta, arteries, and veins, as well as about 120 kidney transplantations (25% of which are from living donors) every year.
The key clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of carotid stenosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of aortic aneurysms
- Kidney transplantation
- Diagnostics and treatment of varicose veins
- Conservative therapy (for example, the use of special compression stockings)
- Surgical treatment
- Innovative treatment methods (laser and radio wave therapy)
- Diagnostics and treatment of circulatory disorders in the pelvic organs and legs
- Surgical interventions for the restoration of vascular patency
- Minimally invasive techniques using the catheter devices
- Drug therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (a unique offer of the department)
- Diagnostics and treatment of wound healing disorders
- Formation of arteriovenous shunts in patients who need dialysis
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Schelzig
- 2011 Invitation to the position of the University Professor and Head of the Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 2010 Medical Specialist in Endovascular Surgery (German Society of Vascular Surgery).
- 2008 Invitation to the position of the Visiting Professor.
- 2008 Department of Vascular Surgery, Paracelsus Medical Private University in Salzburg.
- 2008 Medical Specialist in Endovascular Surgery (German Society of Vascular Surgery).
- 2007 Medical Specialist in Thoracic Surgery.
- 2006 Habilitation in Surgery.
- 2004 Medical Specialist in Vascular Surgery.
- 2002 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
- 2001 Head of the Laboratory of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at the University of Ulm.
- 1995 1995 Beginning of Residency in the Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Ulm.
- 1995 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1988 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Ulm and Munich.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
University Hospital Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.