University Hospital Duesseldorf
Department of Nephrology (26237)
Specialized in: nephrology
The main focuses of the Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Dusseldorf is the treatment of acute and chronic kidney diseases, including systemic diseases with affected kidneys as well as preoperative and postoperative treatment of patients after the kidney transplant. Moreover, the Department specializes in hard adjustable blood pressure disorders. The head of the Department is Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. L. Christian Rump.
The Department is a national center for the treatment of patients with immunological and non-immunological systemic diseases. The examples of such diseases can be vasculitis (immunological inflammation of small blood vessels) or amyloidosis, hardening of tissues due to deposits of protein, particularly in kidneys, heart and nervous system. Furthermore, the Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Dusseldorf plays a key role in the treatment of diabetic kidney diseases.
The units of urgent and emergency care of the Department of Nephrological Diseases and Radiological Medicine under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. L. Christian Rump provide care to over 8,000 emergency patients on both outpatient and inpatient basis every year. Here is offered the entire spectrum of diagnosis and treatment for therapeutic and neurological diseases.
The range of sevices of the Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Dusseldorf includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of primary (e.g. glomerulonephritis, interstitial nephritis) and secondary kidney diseases (e.g. diabetic nephropathy, renovascular diseases, imunological and malignant systemic diseases)
- Differentiated diagnosis and treatment of severe hypertension
- Cardiovascular problems of patients with renal failure
- Kidney transplant, from living donors as well
- Prevention of chronic renal failure
- All forms of renal replacement therapy (hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis) as well as therapeutic plasma exchange and immune absorption
- Treatment of poisoning
- Duesseldorf, Germany