University Hospital Duesseldorf
Department of General Pediatrics, Neonatology and Pediatric Cardiology (26243)
Specialized in: general pediatrics, neonatology, pediatric cardiology
About the department
The Department of General Pediatrics, Neonatology and Pediatric Cardiology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf offers the full range of services in these fields. The department admits children of different age groups and adolescents under the age of 18 years. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.
The priority areas of specialization include metabolic disorders, neurological diseases in children, gastroenterology, infectology, pulmonology, cardiology and neonatology. The department also has excellent qualifications to provide first-class medical care for children with diabetes, mellitus, hormonal and allergic diseases.
The department has an ultramodern intensive care unit. It provides care for newborns and premature babies, as well as children with acute, life-threatening clinical conditions. Also, the department operates a specialized Neonatal Unit for newborns and premature babies, which works in close cooperation with the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of metabolic disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of mitochondrial diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence
- Diagnostics and treatment of neurological diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Diagnostics and treatment of liver diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the lungs, respiratory tract
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases
- Care for premature and newborn babies
- Pediatric intensive care
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases in children and adolescents
- Study of Medicine at the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf and Ohio Medical College, Toledo, Ohio, USA (Studienstiftung Cusanuswerk Foundation Scholarship).
- 1989 Admission to medical practice (assigned by the head of the district authorities).
- 1989 Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1990 Doctor of Medicine.
- 1990 - 1991 Medical Microbiology and Epidemiology of Infections, Institute of Hygiene, Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg.
- 1991 - 1992 Postgraduate Scholarship of the German Research Foundation, Department of Tumor Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg.
- 1992- 2002 Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1996 Appointment to the position of a Senior Physician and Head of the Section for Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1997 Additional qualification "HealthCare Quality Management", Medical Association of the State of Baden-Württemberg.
- Since 1998, Diploma in Pediatric Infectology (German Society of Pediatric Infectiology) and Diabetology (German Society of Diabetology), additional qualifications in Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetology and Infectology.
- 2000 Horst Bickel Award.
- 2000, 2001 and 2010 Invitation to the position of C4 Professor of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Rostock, and also the position of C3 Professor at the Universities of Leipzig and Heidelberg, as well as at the Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto.
- 2002 Invitation to the position of C4 Professor at the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Department of General Pediatrics.
- Since 2002, Head of the Department of General Pediatrics, Neonatology and Pediatric Cardiology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- Since 2006, Managing Director of the Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.
- Since 2006, Deputy Dean of the Medical Faculty of the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf.
- 2008 Klüh Stiftung Foundation Award for promoting innovation in science and research.
- 2013 - 2014 Vice President of the German Society of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (DGKJ).
- Since 2015, President of the German Society of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (DGKJ).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf
Department of General Pediatrics, Neonatology and Pediatric Cardiology.
University Hospital Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.