University Hospital Duesseldorf
Department of Nuclear Medicine (279219)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the University Hospital Duesseldorf offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment with radioactive substances. It conducts many scintigraphic examinations, ranging from the diagnostics of the thyroid gland and skeleton to amino acid metabolism studies in brain tumors and metabolic studies in other malignant tumors. The department has at its disposal a specialized outpatient clinic for the diagnostics and treatment of thyroid diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hans-Wilhelm Müller.
Along with several traditional gamma cameras, the department has two SPECT cameras, each of which is equipped with several detectors. The diagnostic capabilities are also complemented by the very latest techniques, for example, positron emission tomography (PET). This method is one of the most informative, because using it the doctor can see a complete picture of glucose metabolism in cancer, cardiac, neurological and psychiatric diseases.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of thyroid diseases
- Radioiodine therapy for treating tumors, in particular, thyroid tumors
- Diagnostics of coronary heart diseases and complications after myocardial infarction
- Thyroid and parathyroid scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy to detect oncopathology
- Whole-body scintigraphy
- Radioactive gallium scintigraphy
- Somatostatin receptor scintigraphy with octreotide
- MIBG scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy using cancer embryonic antigen (CEA)
- Scintigraphy in heart diseases
- Myocardial scintigraphy
- Radionuclide ventriculography
- Brain scintigraphy
- IBZM brain scintigraphy
- Brain perfusion scintigraphy
- Cerebrospinal fluid scintigraphy
- Dopamine transporter scintigraphy (FP-CIT)
- Kidney scintigraphy
- Kidney tubular scintigraphy
- Glomerular kidney scintigraphy
- Static kidney scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy of the blood system
- Determination of the bleeding source
- Schilling test
- Scintigraphy with labeled red blood cells
- Leukocyte scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy of the gastrointestinal tract
- Esophageal scintigraphy
- Stomach scintigraphy
- Salivary gland scintigraphy
- Lymphatic scintigraphy
- Lung scintigraphy
- Liver scintigraphy
- Spleen scintigraphy
- Positron emission tomography
- Other diagnostic and treatment methods
- Study of Medicine at the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium) and the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf.
- 1980 German state medical exam, admission to medical practice.
- 1981 American preclinical medical exam.
- 1982 American clinical medical exam.
- 1986 Medical Specialist in Nuclear Medicine.
- 1986 Doctoral dissertation defense.
- 1989 Habilitation.
- 1978 - 1993 Numerous internships abroad (UK and USA): John Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore as a Fellow of the German Research Foundation (1989 - 1993).
- 1993 Invitation to the post of C4 Professor C4 Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, as well as obtaining the post of Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 2000 Award of the European Department, College de France in Paris.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
University Hospital Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.