University Hospital Duesseldorf
Department of Adult and Pediatric Traumatology, Hand Surgery (279246)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric traumatology, hand surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Traumatology, Hand Surgery at University Hospital Duesseldorf
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Traumatology, Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Duesseldorf offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of injuries of any severity. The specialists of the department have outstanding experience in the treatment of multiple injuries. If necessary, all the necessary doctors from the related fields will be involved in the treatment process. In addition, the department’s competence allows to perform all modern osteosynthesis procedures, including minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures, as well as shoulder, hip and knee replacement surgery. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.
The main specialization of the department is medical care for patients with injuries of the upper and lower extremities, spine and pelvis. The department is also certified for the treatment of industrial injuries. The successful clinical practice of the department is based on the use of classical and innovative conservative, as well as operational methods that provide the optimal result. In addition, a feature of the department is a state-of-the-art room for hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which promotes wound healing.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of polytrauma
- Hand surgery
- Conservative and surgical treatment of hand fractures
- Hand replantation after traumatic amputation
- Microsurgical interventions
- Conservative and surgical treatment of hand diseases (for example, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger fingers, Dupuytren contractures)
- Treatment of rheumatic lesions of the hand (including joint replacement surgery)
- Reconstruction of the tendons and nerves of the hand
- Reconstructive surgery in complex hand injuries, injuries of the main nerve trunk of the hand, hand tumors
- Arthroscopic interventions
- Joint surgery
- Arthroscopic knee surgery with the restoration or resection of the meniscus
- Surgery to replace the anterior and posterior cruciate ligament
- Various treatments for cartilage damages
- Interventions to stabilize shoulder (open and arthroscopic)
- Spinal surgery
- Pelvic surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of injuries in children and adolescents
- Conservative and surgical treatment of bone fractures
- Conservative and surgical treatment of soft tissue lesions
- Conservative and surgical treatment of fractures in adults
- Medical care in industrial injuries
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- 24-hour emergency medical care
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Windolf
- Study of Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt.
- 1986 Doctoral thesis defense and admission to medical practice.
- 1996 Habilitation.
- Qualified as a Medical Specialist in Surgery, Traumatology, Hand Surgery and Orthopedics.
- 1999 - 2001 Acting Head of the Department of Traumatology, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital Frankfurt.
- 2001 - 2005 Deputy Head of the Department of Traumatology, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- Since 2005, Professor in Traumatology, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, as well as the Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Traumatology, Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 2008 - 2016 Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf.
- Since 2008, Board Member of the German Society of Hand Surgery (President of the Conference 2013).
- Since 2012, Board Member of the German Society of Traumatology (since 2018, President).
- Since 2017, Board Member of the University.
Main Clinical Focuses
- Polytrauma treatment.
- Pelvic and spinal surgery.
- Hand surgery.
Main Research Focuses
- Posttraumatic immune dysregulation.
- Fracture healing.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf
Department of Adult and Pediatric Traumatology, Hand Surgery.
University Hospital Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.