University Hospital Duesseldorf
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Neuroradiology (488825)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology and neuroradiology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Neuroradiology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf offers the full range of modern radiological examinations and minimally invasive imaging-guided treatment of various diseases. Most often, radiologists have to deal with the diagnostics and therapy of tumors, inflammatory processes, injuries, pathologies of the heart and vascular diseases. The combination of advanced medical technologies and high professionalism of the doctors working in the department are the key to the successful treatment results.The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Gerald Antoch.
The department is an academic medical institution, therefore, a certain part of its time is devotes to research activities, which give excellent results of international importance. The department has various specialized work groups, which activities are focused on the MRI examinations, interventional procedures, hybrid imaging, neuroradiology and gynecological radiology.
The service range of the department includes:
- Classic X-ray examinations
- Digital X-ray examinations
- Ultrasound examinations
- Computed tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Positron emission tomography with computed tomography (PET-CT) in collaboration with the Department of Nuclear Medicine
- MR spectroscopy
- Digital mammography
- Imaging-guided biopsy and puncture
- Other diagnostic options
- X-ray examinations
- Ultrasound examinations
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Myelography and CT myelography
- Angiography of the head and neck arteries
- Diagnostics in stroke (CT and MRI)
- Interventional neuroradiological interventions
- Hemangioma treatment
- Stenting in carotid stenosis
- Coiling for the treatment of aneurysms
- Embolization in vascular malformations (arteriovenous malformations, dural fistulas)
- Vertebroplasty (minimally invasive procedure for the treatment of pain in vertebral fractures)
- Pain therapy in the spinal pains (periradicular therapy, facet joint infiltration)
- Treatment of liver cancers and metastases
- Transarterial embolization
- Transarterial chemoembolization
- Selective intra-arterial radiation therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Portal vein embolization
- Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage
- Treatment of the kidney tumors
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Invasive diagnostics
- CT-guided biopsy
- Implantation of central venous catheters
- Treatment of circulatory disorders (for example, diabetic foot syndrome, renal artery stenosis, angina)
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (including the implantation of drug-coated balloons)
- Complex recanalization procedures
- CT-guided sympathicolysis
- Treatment of acute vascular occlusions and circulatory disorders
- Mechanical removal of blood clots
- Intra-arterial lysis therapy
- Treatment of aneurysms and acute haemorrhage
- Stent implantation
- Pulmonary embolization in hemoptysis
- Treatment of vascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord (aneurysms, stroke)
- Vascular malformations
- Other interventions
- X-ray- and MRI-guided breast biopsy
- Uterine artery embolization in uterine myomas
- Embolization for the treatment of varicocele, benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 1999 - 2000 Department of General and Trauma Surgery, Marien Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 2001 - 2010 Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, University Hospital Essen.
- 2001 - 2004 Residency in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
- 2004 Board Certification in Radiology.
- 2004 - 2008 Consultant in Radiology.
- 2008 - 2010 Vice Chairman.
- Since 2010, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
Scientific and Clinical Focuses
- Hybrid imaging.
- Interventional radiology.
- 2007 Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen Award, German Society of Radiology.
- 2005 Wolfgang Becker Award, Bavarian Association of Nuclear Medicine.
- 2005 Lodwick Award, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
- 2005 Dr. Emil Salzer Award, German Cancer Research Center.
- 2004 Best Scientific Paper of the Year, Aunt Minnie, USA.
- 2003 Best Scientific Paper of the Year, Aunt Minnie, USA.
- 2003 Alavi-Mandell Award, Society of Nuclear Medicine, USA.
- German Society of Radiology (DRG).
- European Society of Radiology (ESR).
- European Society of Hybrid Imaging (ESHI).
- German Society for Interventional Radiology (DeGIR).
- Society of Radiology of North Rhein-Westfalia (RWRG).
- German Society for Radiation Protection in Medicine (DGMS).
- German Society for Interdisciplinary Medicine (MEDICA).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Neuroradiology.
University Hospital Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.