University Hospital Erlangen
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery (289963)
Specialized in: pediatric cardiac surgery
The Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Erlangen is the Center of Competence ensuring an optimal treatment for children (and young adults) with heart diseases. The head of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. Robert Cesnjevar. The patient care is provided in a tight cooperation with a team of pediatric cardiologists, neonatologists, pediatric cardiac surgeons, pediatric anesthesiologists, perfusionists and nursing staff.
The Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Erlangen has a highly qualified competent team of doctors with a wide range of specialization. The surgeons of the Section of Surgery under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Robert Cesnjevar are cardiac surgeons, who have a certificate in pediatric cardiac surgery focused on the treatment of congenital heart defects in childhood and adolescence. This certificate is awarded by the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
A wide range of medical specialization ensures a high competence and thus very high treatment standards for complex heart defects. Therefore, young patients feel very comfortable in the University Hospital Erlangen.
The range of services of the Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Erlangen includes:
- Correction of atrial and ventricular septal defects
- Tetralogy of Fallot (pulmonary atresia, pulmonary stenosis, absent pulmonary valve syndrome)
- Correction of a double discharge of vessels from the right ventricle
- Correction of a partial or total anomalous pulmonary venous drainage
- Atrioventricular canal correction
- Reconstruction of the valve upon Ebstein’s anomaly
- Anatomic correction of transposition of the great vessels with pulmonary artery stenosis (REV surgery)
- Correction of univentricular defects (Fontan procedure)
- Complex correction and treatment of hypoplastic left heart syndrome (Norwood procedure)
- Ross or Ross-Konno procedure
- Unifocalization upon tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia
- Erlangen, Germany