University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Ophthalmology (26131)
Specialized in: ophthalmology
The Department of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Frankfurt offers patients the full range of services in the field of diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases. The Department is one of the most advanced and well-equipped Ophthalmology Centers in Germany. It offer ultramodern methods for the treatment of ophthalmic diseases.The department is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. T. Kohnen.
Over 30,000 patients are treated here every year on both an outpatient and inpatient basis. There is provided a wide spectrum of current diagnostic and therapeutic treatment methods for anterior and posterior eye segments, optic nerve, eyelids and lacrimal passages, eye orbit and strabismus. An active research work contributes to the development of innovative methods of medical care in the department. The goal of the specialists working in the department is to preserve or restore eyesight for both professional and private life up to the elderly age, since the quality of life is determined by the quality of eyesight.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Treatment of cataract by means of femtosecond laser LenSx or by means of new trifocal implants
- Treatment of presbyopia (old age sight) by means of lasers and/or implants
- Treatment of myopia (nearsightedness) or hyperopia (farsightedness) by means of modern lasers and implants
- Treatment of age-related macular dystrophy by means of the advanced medication and laser therapy
- Treatment of ceratoconus: UV-fusion and riboflavin
- Minimally invasive ophthalmic surgery
- Orthoptic office
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany