University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Oral and Plastic Maxillofacial Surgery (26132)
Specialized in: oral and plastic maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Frankfurt is part of the Surgery Center functioning in the hospital. The department is mainly focused on surgery and dentistry. The department is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr.med. Dr.med.dent. Dr.med.habil. Robert Sader.
The range of services covers the treatment of injuries of jaw bones and facial bones of the skull, covered by soft tissues, treatment of all tumors in the oral cavity, on the face and in the surrounding tissues. Another focus is placed on the treatment of pathologies of the face, such as cleft lip, jaw and palate, as well as on congenital and acquired abnormalities of the shape and position of the jaw, which are treated together with the colleagues specializing in jaw orthopaedics, phoniatrics and pedaudiology. Exclusively for elderly patients and patients at high risk the department offers the most advanced treatment methods in the field of dental implantology and bone structure of the jaw. A new focus is surgical treatment of jaw joint diseases, the number of which is constantly increasing among the elderly.
The range of medical focuses of the department includes:
- Cleft lip, jaw and palate
- Trauma surgery
- Surgical orthodontics
- Facial plastic surgery
- Craniofacial deformities
- Dental implants and maxillofacial surgery
- Study of Medicine in Düsseldorf and Vienna
- Study of Dentistry in Bonn and Cologne
- 1995 Medical Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 1999 Habilitation at the Hospital “Klinikum rechts der Isar” TU Munich
- 2002–2004 Department of Maxillofacial Surgery/University Hospital Basel
- Since 2004 Head of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
- Since 2008 President of the “Zahnärztlicher Verein zu Frankfurt 1863”
- Since 2009 President of the German Association of Esthetic Dentistry
- Since 2010 Academic dean, Clinic
- Interdisciplinary treatment of facial malformations
- Innovative technologies - from molecular medicine to computer-aided surgery
Department of Oral and Plastic Maxillofacial Surgery.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home