University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology (26133)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics, mammology
About the department
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology at the University Hospital Frankfurt ranks among the top German departments specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology at the University Hospital Frankfurt offers patients a wide range of medical services. It treats patients with general gynecological, mammological diseases and infertility. Also, the department provides obstetric services. The head of the department is Prof. Dr. Sven Becker.
General gynecologic diseases include fibroid, endometriosis, urologic diseases, dysplasia, pediatric and adolescent gynecological diseases and cancers. The Section of Obstetrics offers highly professional interdisciplinary care for mother and child on all aspects of pregnancy, delivery and postpartum period.
The Breast Center of the department has numerous state-of-the-art diagnostic capabilities. The center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer and benign breast diseases. The latest technology and a highly qualified team provide explanation and treatment of breast disease in accordance with the current scientific achievements. Close cooperation with other specialties contribute to the provision of excellent medical care.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Circulatory disorders
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Breast Center
- Endocrinology/pregnancy planning
- Gynecologic Cancer Center
- Oncological diseases
- 1987 – 1994 Study of medicine at the Johannes-Gutenberg University of Mainz.
- 1989 – 1990 Study at Université René Descartes Paris
- 1991 (one semester) Study at the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- 1992 – 1993 (two semesters) Study at the Nihon University in Tokyo.
- 1994 Third Medical State Exam in Germany and the US State Exam (USMLE I+II).
- 1999 Doctor of Medicine (magna cum laude) at the Institute for Physiological Chemistry, Johannes-Gutenberg University of Mainz: "In vitro testing of potential antiviral agents against HIV in the MTT assay" (under the direction of Prof. Dr. Werner E. G. Müller).
- 2006 University Women's Hospital of Tuebingen: "Tumor cell dissemination and tumor cell persistence in breast cancer – the effect of systemic treatment and characteristics of cells" (under the supervision of Diethelm Wallwiener).
- 1995 – 1996 Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Frankfurt am Main (under the direction of Gerd Hoffmann); Department of Gynecology of the St Joseph Hospital in Wiesbaden
- 1996 – 1997 Institute of Pathology at the Technical University of Munich, University Hospital Rechts der Isar (under the direction of Heinz Höfle).
- 1997 – 2001 Residency in Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Johns Hopkins Hospital of the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore (Prof. Harold Fox).
- 2001 Board certification for Gynecology and Obstetrics by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
- 2001 German recognition as a Specialist for Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2002 – 2004 Chief Physician Section Clinical Obstetrics / Labor & Delivery unit, University Hospital Tuebingen
- From 2004 Operative Senior Physician, Chief Physician Section Operative Gynecology, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- From 2008 Leading Senior Physician Section Gynecology, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2008 Associate Professor, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2010 Visiting Professor, University of Tuebingen.
- Since 07/2012, W3 Professor and Head of the Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology at the Goethe University of Frankfurt am Main.
- Special Obstetrics and Perinatal Medicine (2006).
- Special Operative Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology (2008).
- Palliative Medicine (2010).
- Operative gynecology.
- Gynecologic oncology.
- Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy).
- Treatment of ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, vulvar cancers, vaginal carcinomas, and sarcomas of the genital area.
- Fertility-maintaining therapy of malignant diseases.
- Special and innovative surgical techniques.
- Micrometastasis in oncology.
- Treatment-relevant molecular biological changes in the cancer cell, especially in breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and other gynecological tumors.
- German Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (DGGG).
- Professional Association of Gynecologists (BVF).
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- German Senological Society (DSG).
- American College of Gynecology and Obstetrics (ACOG).
- Gynecological Oncology Working Group (AGO).
- Gynecologic Endoscopy Working Group (AGE).
- German Society for Perinatal Medicine (DGPM).
- European Society for Obstetrics/Gynecology; German/French language.
- German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- European Society of Gynecological Oncology (ESGO).
- European Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy (ESGE).
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home