University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (26135)
Specialized in: vascular and endovascular surgery
About the department
The Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the University Hospital Frankfurt is an important national center for both planned and emergency treatment of cardiovascular diseases. To provide an effective and high quality medical care, the department has an experienced team of doctors and state-of-the-art medical equipment. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Schmitz-Rixen.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Open surgery and endovascular treatment of vascular diseases
- Conservative treatment of arterial diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of the vascular system injuries
- Transplantation surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Dialysis Hunt surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the veins
- Amputation surgery
- Intensive surgery
- Duplex ultrasound scan
- One-dimensional ultrasonography
- Native sonography
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography
- 1973 – 1980 Study of Human Medicine at the Justus Liebig University Giessen
- 1980 – 1981 Assistant Physician of the Department of Surgery of the University of Cologne (Pichlmaier)
- 1981 – 1982 Military service as medical officer of the German Armed Forces with army and air force in Münster, Cologne-Wahn and Nörvenich
- 1982 – 1985 Assistant Physician in the Department of Surgery of the University of Cologne (Pichlmaier, Reichmann)
- 1985 – 1987 Research Fellow and House Officer in Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA (Abbott, Darling, Brewster)
- 1987 – 1992 Ward Physician in the Department of Surgery of the University of Cologne (Pichlmaier, Rehm)
- 1992 – 1998 Senior Physician of the Department of Surgery of the University of Cologne (Pichlmaier, since 1990, Hölscher)
- Since 1998, Univ. Professor of Vascular Surgery of the J.W. Goethe-University
- 1998 – 2007 Head of the Section Vascular and Endovascular Surgery of the J.W. Goethe University Hospital Frankfurt
- Since 2004 (in parallel), Head of the Department of Vascular Surgery at the Hospital zum Heiligen Geist gGmbH, Academic Teaching Hospital of the J.W. Goethe University
- Since 2004, Konsillarius for Vascular Surgery at the German Department of Diagnostik‚ Wiesbaden
- Since 2007, Head of the Department for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery of the J.W. Goethe University Hospital Frankfurt
- Fellow of the American College of Angiology (FACA)
- Fellow (hon.) of the Royal College of Surgeons of Great Britain (FRCS)
- President of the German Vascular Society (2017–18)
- Vice-President of the German Society for Surgery (2017) and Incoming President for 2019–2020
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home