University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology (26136)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery and urology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology at the University Hospital Frankfurt deals with the treatment of surgical diseases in children from a neonatal period and up to the age of 18. The department specializes in the treatment of congenital defects, urological and oncological diseases in children. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Udo Rolle.
Many interventions are performed minimally invasively. Furthermore, the department specializes in the treatment of hemangiomas and vascular pathologies. The surgical treatment of children is carried out in close cooperation with the colleagues from the Department of Pediatric Anaesthesiology and the Surgery Center. The little patients and their parents are accommodated in the Center for Pediatric Medicine that offers patient rooms adapted for children, where the experienced physicians and nursing staff take care of them there.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Congenital malformations
- Newborn surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Oncologic pediatric surgery
- Hemangiomas / vascular malformations
- Pediatric urology
- 1986-1992 University of Leipzig / Medicine, Leipzig
- 1993 – 1999 Fellow, Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Leipzig
- 2000 – 2001 Researcher, Children´s Research Centre, University College of Dublin, Our Lady´s Hospital for Sick Children
- 2003 – 2003 Resident, Our Lady´s Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin, Ireland
- 2004 – 2008 Senior Lecturer, Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Leipzig
- Since 2008, Head of the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Professor, Johann Wolfgang-Goethe University
- Anatomy and Morphology (Institute of Anatomy, 1993)
- Human Anatomy – Digestive System (Institute of Anatomy, 1993)
- Pediatric Surgery (Medical Council, Saxonia, 1999)
- Pediatric Urology (Medical Council, Saxonia, 1999)
Scientific titles and degrees
- 1994 Doctor of Medicine (MD). Title of dissertation: "Histological, immunohistochemical and polarisation-microscopical investigations of the collagen types within the anular radial ligament in children" (Mentor: Gerald Leutert)
- 2003 Ph.D. in Medicine. Title of dissertation: "Histological, histochemical and immunohistochemical investigation of the innervation of the upper urinary tract in different animal models and human" (Mentor: Udo Rolle)
- 2008 Professor. Title of dissertation: does not apply (Mentor: Udo Rolle)
Scientific Associations Membership
- British Association for Pediatric Surgery (from 2002)
- German Society of Pediatric Surgery (from 1998) Regional chapter: board member (2007)
- European Pediatric Surgical Association (from 2003) Main Board: board member (2008)
- European Pediatric Surgeons Association (from 2003)
- European Society of Pediatric Urology (from 2001)
- International Children’s Continence Society (from 2006)
- International Society for Autonomic Neuroscience (from 2004)
- Society for Research into Hydrocephalus and Spina Bifida (from 2000)
Editorial Board Membership
- Pediatric Surgery International, Member of the Editorial Board (2006)
- Histology and Histopathology (2011)
- Neonatology (2011)
- European Journal of Pediatric Surgery (2011)
- Journal of Medical Case Reports (2010)
- Clinical Infectious Diseases (2009)
- World Journal of Surgery (2008)
- Medical Science Monitor (2008)
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery (2005)
- Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2005)
- Pediatric Surgery International (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2008)
- World Congress of Pediatric Surgery (2004)
- University of Greifswald (2002)
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home