University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology (26138)
Felix K.-H. Chun
Specialized in: urology, pediatric urology
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Frankfurt ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
The Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Frankfurt specializes in urological tumor diseases, endourology with modern kidney stone therapy, treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia and reconstructive urology with the units for urinary diversion, treatment of incontinence, urethral surgery and prosthetics. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Felix K.-H. Chun.
The department uses minimally invasive surgical techniques, such as DaVinci technology or other laparoscopic surgical techniques (“keyhole surgery”). Here patients can receive the whole range of urological treatment options at the highest level. Thanks to intensive collaboration with other departments of the hospital, especially with the Departments of the Surgery Center, Nephrology, Radiation Therapy and Oncology, the department has all capabilities for the treatment of seriously ill patients.
The goal of all doctors and staff workers is to provide every patient with an individual and best possible care, to ensure the highest technological standards and to continuously implement the latest scientific achievements and research into the clinical activities.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Prostatic diseases (prostate cancer, benign prostate enlargement, inflammation of the prostate)
- Diseases of kidneys/urinary tract (tumors of the kidneys, urinary tract, renal pelvis, renal artery stenosis, inflammation of the renal pelvis, kidney lesions)
- Diseases of the bladder (bladder tumors, bladder inflammation, prolapsed bladder)
- Testicular diseases (testicular tumors, torsion, inflammation of the testes/appendages)
- Penis diseases (penile cancer, penis curvature, phimosis)
- Kidney and ureter stones
- Urinary incontinence (female/male stress urinary incontinence, imperative urinary incontinence)
- Pediatric urology (undescended testicle, phimosis, vesicoureteral reflux, hypospadias, congenital pathologies of kidneys and efferent urinary tract)
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany