University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology (26139)
Specialized in: dermatology, venereology, allergology
About the Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology at University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
The Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology at the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main offers the diagnostics and treatment of all dermatological diseases. The department specializes in the very latest methods of surgical dermatology, diagnostics and treatment of skin cancer, venous diseases, as well as all diagnostic and therapeutic methods of modern dermatology, including laser dermatological therapy, phototherapy, photodynamic therapy, etc. The treatment of patients with skin cancer is carried out in close cooperation with colleagues from the University Cancer Center Frankfurt. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Roland Kaufmann.
One of the department's specialized focuses is the surgical treatment of dermatological diseases. In certain clinical indications, surgery is the only or optimal treatment method. The department specializes in cancer surgery (for example, malignant melanoma, basal cell skin cancer), removal of sentinel lymph nodes, vein surgery (for example, crossectomy with stripping), etc. The surgical spectrum includes all modern options, in particular, microscopically controlled surgery, flap plastic surgery, free skin grafts, etc. Such a variety of surgical techniques provides individual, adapted to each patient treatment regimen.
Skin cancer treatment is carried out within the specialized Skin Cancer Center. Along with the dermatologists, the specialists from other fields, such as radiation therapy or surgery, participate in the treatment process. The center offers internationally recommended treatment for all types of skin cancer using surgical and conservative methods. Other benefits of the treatment at the center are interdisciplinary patient management within the tumor boards, the use of the very latest scientific achievements and methods, the collaboration with related physicians, etc. The full compliance with the international treatment protocols is regularly monitored by the German Cancer Society (DKG) and the German Society of Dermatology (DDG).
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department includes the following diseases:
- Inflammatory skin diseases
- Skin neoplasms
- Malignant melanoma, basal cell skin cancer, etc.
- Allergic diseases
- Diagnostics and outpatient surgical treatment of venous diseases
- Chronic open wounds
- Dermatologic surgery and aesthetic plastic dermatology
- Dermatologic laser therapy and phototherapy
- Skin infections
- Diseases of the mucous membrane and skin appendages
- Hemorrhoids and anal eczema
- Diagnostics and treatment of other benign and malignant skin diseases
Methods of surgical dermatology:
- Microscopy-guided surgery (control of the resected tumor edge)
- Flap plastic surgery
- Free skin grafts
- Wound coverings and skin substitutes
- Vacuum-assisted wound therapy
- Removal of sentinel lymph nodes
- Invasive treatment of varicose veins
- Ablative treatment methods (erbium, carbon dioxide lasers, dermabrasion)
- Different types of local anesthesia, for example, tumescent local anesthesia
- And other surgical techniques
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.