University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Hemostaseology, Rheumatology and Infectiology (26145)
Specialized in: hematology, oncology, hemostaseology, rheumatology, infectiology
About the department
The Department of Hematology, Oncology, Hemostaseology, Rheumatology and Infectiology specializes in the treatment of all diseases of the hematopoietic system and solid tumors. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Serve.
The priorities of the department include treatment of acute and chronic leukemia, malignant lymphomas, treatment of solid tumors, such as lung tumors, gastrointestinal tumors, renal cell carcinomas, soft tissue and bone sarcomas.
The department has a state-of-the-art transplantation station with 10 beds for stem cell and bone marrow transplants. The Department of Hematology, Oncology, Hemostaseology, Rheumatology and Infectiology is a big center for bone marrow and stem cell transplants. The department performs about 80-100 transplants every year. There are transplanted both autologous and allogeneic (with stem cells of brothers/sisters or unrelated donors) transplants.
The most important task of doctors is to provide their patients with professional and competent care. There is a constant exchange of information on patient care and scientific research aimed at providing treatment based on the latest achievements of science.
- Before 1988 Study of Human Medicine in Heidelberg
- 1988 Medical Approbation and Doctorate in medicine
- 1988 Assistant Physician, Hospital "Klinikum rechts der Isar", TU Munich
- 1990 Assistant Physician, University Hospital Ulm
- 1991 Postdoc, Division for Molecular Biology, Sloan-Kettering Institute, NY
- 1994 Assistant Physician, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin at the Free University Berlin
- 1997 Board certification for Internal Diseases
- 1997 Senior Physician, Medical Clinic and Policlinic A of the University Hospital Muenster
- 2000 Venia Legendi for Internal Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine Muenster
- 2002 Board certification for Hematology and Oncology
- 2002 Appointment as Professor of Internal Medicine at the University Muenster
- Since 2007, Director of the Medical Department D (Department of Hematology, Oncology, Hemostaseology, Rheumatology, and Infectiology), University Hospital Frankfurt
- Since 2008, Scientific Director of the University Cancer Center Frankfurt (UCT)
- Since 2011, Regional coordinator Frankfurt/Mainz of the German Consortium for Translational Cancer Research
Awards and Prizes
- Research Fellowship from the German Research Foundation (DFG) (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY)
- 1995 Research Prize from the University Hospital Benjamin Franklin
- 1996 Curt Meyer Memorial Prize from the Berlin Cancer Society
- 2000 "Best Abstract" at the Annual Meeting of the German/Austrian Society for Haematology and Medical Oncology (OeGHO)
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Hemostaseology, Rheumatology and Infectiology.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home