University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Nuclear Medicine (279208)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the University Hospital Frankfurt offers patients all diagnostic and treatment methods in the field of nuclear medicine. The department carries out all common and many special examinations. The outpatient clinic diagnoses about 8,000 patients every year. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Frank Grünwald.
The diagnosis focuses on the clarification of neurological, cardiological and oncological clinical pictures. Radioisotope examinations involve the administration of some radioactively labeled substances into the body, which helps to see functioning of either organs or systems.
First of all, radioisotope therapy serves for the treatment of benign and malignant thyroid diseases, pain therapy for bone metastases and for the treatment of malignant tumors in childhood, e.g. neuroblastoma. Moreover, the Department of Nuclear Medicine offers radiosynovectomy (RSO) and radioimmunotherapy. The department is the first institution in Germany, which offers thyroid nodule denervation.
The range of diagnostic services of the department includes:
- Thyroid scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy with iodine after the treatment
- Brain scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy of kidney functions
- Bone scintigraphy
- Lung scintigraphy
- MIBG tumor scintigraphy
- Lymph node scintigraphy (Sentinel)
The department provides the following treatments:
- Radioiodine therapy
- Radium-223 for painful bone metastases
- Lutenium-177 PSMA-617 therapy
- 177Lu radiopeptide therapy
- Selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT)
- 131I-mIBG therapy
- 1978 – 1984 Study of Human Medicine in Bonn
- 1984 Medical state examination
- 1984 Medical Approbation
- 1984 – 1986 Research Associate at the Institute of Physiology I of the University of Bonn
- 1986 Doctoral Degree (Dr. med.)
- 1986 Research associate at the Department of Nuclear Medicine of the University of Bonn
- 1990 Board certification in Nuclear Medicine
- 1992 Habilitation in Nuclear Medicine and appointment as a private lecturer (Privatdozent)
- 1992 Senior Physician at the Department of Nuclear Medicine
- 1994 Leading Senior Physician at the Department of Nuclear Medicine
- 1997 Appointment as a Visiting Professor
- 1999 Taking up the duties as Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the University of Frankfurt
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home