University Hospital Freiburg
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Adult and Pediatric Gynecological Endocrinology (462164)
Specialized in: reproductive medicine, adult and pediatric gynecological endocrinology
About the department
The Department of Reproductive Medicine, Adult and Pediatric Gynecological Endocrinology at the University Hospital Freiburg offers the full range of services in these focuses and specializes in treatment of gynecological hormonal disorders in adults and children, as well as in the treatment of infertility. The department is headed by Dr. med. Philipp Wiehle.
To identify the causes of infertility, both partners undergo a comprehensive diagnosis, after which the optimal treatment method is selected. Therapeutic options encompass conservative therapy and invasive treatment methods, for example, in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). An important part of therapy is psychological support of the couple during the therapy and after it.
In the field of gynecological endocrinology, the department provides diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders in adults and children, management of pain of gynecological origin in the lower abdomen (for example, due to vaginal bleedings, adhesions), gynecological disorders in children and adolescents, as well as malformations of genital organs. Also, the doctors’ scope of tasks includes counseling of patients and correction of menstrual disorders, as well as relief of menopause related symptoms.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of infertility (reproductive medicine)
- Conservative therapy
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Other treatments
- Diagnostics, treatment and counseling in gynecological hormonal disorders in adults
- Menstrual disorders
- Problems in menopause
- Other disorders
- Diagnostics, treatment and counseling in pediatric gynecological diseases
- Hormonal disorders (for example, premature sexual development or delayed puberty, abnormal hair growth, acne)
- Genital inflammatory processes
- Gynecological diseases (for example, adhesions of the labia minora, malformations of the genitalia)
- Contraceptive counseling
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (с) Universitätsklinikum Freiburg
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Adult and Pediatric Gynecological Endocrinology.
University Hospital Freiburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.