University Hospital Freiburg
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychosomatic Therapy (488507)
Specialized in: psychosomatics, psychosomatic therapy
About the department
The Department of Psychosomatics and Psychosomatic Therapy at the University Hospital Freiburg offers the full range of modern treatments for psychosomatic disorders. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Claas Lahmann.
The medical institution was founded in 1949, therefore it has long traditions and vast clinical experience. It applies comprehensive treatment concepts, which cover psychotherapeutic, medical and socio-therapeutic approaches. In addition, methods of psychodynamic therapy, systemic therapy (therapy in couples and family therapy), behavioral therapy, as well as various therapeutic, creative and meditative procedures are used in the clinical practice.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Anxiety disorders
- Body pains of unclear genesis (for example, somatoform pain disorders)
- Pathological conditions due to excessive workload (for example, burnout syndrome)
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia)
- Posttraumatic disorders
- Emotional disorders due to somatic diseases (for example, cardiovascular diseases, cancer)
- Mental and psychosomatic disorders (with the exception of acute psychosis, dementia, alcohol and drug addiction)
- Other psychosomatic disorders
- 1995 - 2002 Study of Medicine, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nurnberg.
- 2002 - 2003 Intern, Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Regensburg.
- 2003 Doctoral thesis defense (magna cum laude) and Academic Degree of Doctor of Medicine, University of Regensburg.
- 2003 - 2004 Intern and Assistant Physician, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Regensburg.
- 2004 Admission to medical practice.
- 2004 - 2006 Assistant Physician (specialization: Psychosomatics), Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Regensburg.
- 2007 Assistant Physician, Department of Psychosomatics, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2008 Medical Specialist in Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy.
- 2008 - 2012 Senior Physician at the Department of Psychosomatics, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2009 Certificate about training in Medical Didactics, Munich Technical University.
- 2010 Habilitation, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy.
- 2010 Certificate in Trauma Therapy ("EMDR" - EMDRIA Association).
- 2011 Second place in the list for the position of W2 Professor in Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Hannover Medical School.
- 2011 Additional qualification in special pain therapy.
- 2012 Second place in the list for the post of W2 Professor in Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Kiel.
- 2012 - 2014 Managing Senior Physician in the Department of Psychosomatics at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2014 - 2016 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of Psychosomatics at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 2014 - 2015 Advanced Training, "Clinic Management", cekib Nurenberg.
- 2015 Appointment as a Visiting Professor at the Technical University of Munich.
- 2015 - 2016 Advanced training, "Management of Psychiatric and Psychosomatic Clinics", Mibeg Institut Cologne.
- 2016 Invitation to the position of W3 Professor in Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Duisburg-Essen (rejection).
- Since 2016, Professor in Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy at the University of Freiburg, as well as the Head of the Department of Psychosomatics and Psychosomatic Therapy at the University Hospital of Freiburg.
Main Clinical and Research Focuses
- Somatoform and functional disorders, including pain disorders.
- Somatopsychiatric disorders, including psycho-oncology.
- Posttraumatic disorders.
- Psychosomatic disorders due to the stress in the workplace.
- 2006 Lecturer Prize, Medical Faculty at the University of Regensburg.
- 2008 A.E. Meyer Prize for research activities in Psychotherapy, German College of Psychosomatic Medicine.
- 2009 Marianne Fuchs Prize, Working Group on Functional Relaxation.
- 2009 Prize (Posterpreis) of the German College of Psychosomatic Medicine.
- 2012 Lecturer of the Year, Medical Faculty, Technical University of Munich.
- 2012 Rehmer Prize of the German College of Psychosomatic Medicine (PISO Research Group).
Membership in the Professional Societies
- Board Member of the German College of Psychosomatic Medicine (DKPM).
- German Society for Psychosomatic Medicine (DGPM).
- German Society for Psychoanalysis, Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Deep Psychology (DGPT).
- German Society of Psychotherapy based on the Depth Psychology (DFT).
- Working Group on Functional Relaxation (AFE).
- EMDRIA (German Society for the Treatment of Posttraumatic Disorders).
Photo of the doctor: (с) Universitätsklinikum Freiburg
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychosomatic Therapy.
University Hospital Freiburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.