University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (229533)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) is headed by Professor Dr. med. Stefan Plontke. As the specialist in otolaryngology, Professor Dr. med. Stefan Plontke also specializes in plastic and aesthetic surgery and special ENT surgery.
The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) offers the full range of medical services of the University Department of Otolaryngology. These include the most advanced diagnosis, operative and conservative treatment of ENT diseases as well as phoniatrics and pedaudiology.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) are:
- Diagnosis of hearing impairments in children and adults
- Ear microsurgery for hearing improvement upon chronic inflammations and laser surgery for otosclerosis
- Cochlear implantation
- Implantation of hearing devices: treatment of hearing loss using the electronic hearing implants
- Internal ear surgery: e.g. upon dizziness at Meniere disease or semicircular ear channel dehiscence syndrome
- Tumor diseases (cancer): diagnosis, surgery and further treatment of tumor diseases in the head and neck in cooperation with an interdisciplinary team within the framework of the Krukenberg Halle Cancer Center
- Surgery of throat and trachea, lymphatic nodes and cysts in the neck
- Laser surgery for tumors in the mouth cavity or in the neck and larynx as well as surgery in the nasal cavity using the laser rays for non-invasive surgery.
- Skull base surgery: skull base operations in cooperation with the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale), if necessary
- Microscopic and endoscopic surgery of the nasal cavity and maxillary sinuses with the use of navigation, if necessary
- Plastic and aesthetic face surgery: nose, ear, skin of the face
- Traumatology: treatment of acute damages to the mouth cavity and oral-facial area, including the skull base surgery
- Somnology: diagnosis and treatment of snoring and sleeping breath disorders
- Rhinology: treatment and surgery of painful and functional disorders of the nasal cavity
- Allergology: diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases, for example, using skin and provocation tests
- Electrophysiology and neurotology: diagnosis and treatment of balance disorders
- Phoniatrics and pedaudiology: diagnosis and treatment of speech and voice disorders
- ENT infectology: treatment of inflammatory ENT diseases. These include inflammation of the tonsils, inflammation of the middle ear, nasal furuncle, erysipelas of the face and shingles as well as life-threatening infections, such as a deep neck abscess and osteomyelitis of the skull base
Prof. Plontke is Director of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. He studied medicine at the Charité in Berlin (1990-1997). He graduated with the grade "summa cum laude". Between 1999 and 2003, Professor Plontke was an Assistant Physician at the University Department of Otolaryngology in Tübingen and conducted research as a team leader at the Hörforschungszentrum Tübingen (THRC). Two years later he was appointed Senior Physician of the clinic and habilitated in 2006. Prof. Plontke is a reviewer for various medical journals and has received several awards. He has been working in Halle since 2010.
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home