University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Hematology and Oncology (229637)
Lutz P. Müller
Specialized in: hematology, oncology
About the department
The director of the Department of Internal Medicine IV at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) is PD Dr. med. Lutz P. Müller. He is also the head of the Center for Cell and Gene Therapy of a federal state Saxony-Anhalt. This Center specializes in hematology and internal oncology.
The Department of Internal Medicine IV (Hematology and Oncology) covers the whole range of hematology and oncology. This includes prevention, diagnosis, therapy and post-operative care for cancer of all organs and blood. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Internal Medicine IV at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) ranks among the top German departments specializing in colon cancer treatment!
The Department under the direction of Dr. med. Lutz P. Müller pays special attention to the treatment and study of leukemia and lymphomas, tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, neuroendocrine neoplasms, brain tumors, sarcomas of cell tumors and supportive therapy. As regards bone marrow and stem cell transplantation, the Department of Internal Medicine IV at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) is the largest center in Saxony-Anhalt.
The patients are provided with the most cutting-edge diagnosis and therapy at the highest level. This Department maintains a close cooperation with the rest of the Departments of the University Hospital of Halle (Saale). Moreover, participation in clinical trials opens up innovative treatment options for the patients.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Internal Medicine IV at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Dr. med. Lutz P. Müller are:
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Germ cell tumors
- Stem cell transplantation
- Supportive therapy
- 1991 - 1998 Study of Human Medicine, Martin-Luther-University of Halle-Wittenberg
- 1996 - 1999 Study and research stay, Molecular Genetics Program / Section on Infectious Diseases, Dept. of Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
- 09/2008 Acquisition of the Medical Specialist title in "Internal Medicine"
- 1999 - 2009 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine IV, University Hospital Halle
- 2001 Medical Approbation
- 12/2000 Ph.D. med ., Subject: "Typing of HLA-DPB1 Alleles and HLA Association of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia" (Prof. Dr. J. Langner)
- Since 01/2010 Senior Physician, Department of Internal Medicine IV, University Hospital Halle
- Since 10/2010 Member of the Research Committee of the Medical Faculty of the Martin-Luther-University of Halle-Wittenberg
- 04/2010 Acquisition of the medical specialist title "Internal Medicine and Hematology and Oncology"
- Since 04/2011 Owner of the authorization ambulance for patients post stem cell transplantation at the University Hospital Halle
- 01/2012 Habilitation, Venia Legendi; "Characteristics of multipotent stromal cells and their relevance to the biology and treatment of malignant diseases"
- Management of the direction Stem Cell Transplantation
- Management of the working group for tumor stroma and mesenchymal stem cells in the research laboratory of the clinic
- Allogeneic and autologous stem cell transplantation
- Diagnostics and therapy of leukemias and lymphomas
- Benign hematological disorders
- Cell therapy,
- Planning, management and conduct of clinical trials
Department of Hematology and Oncology.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home